1 of 1 people found this helpful
This is definitely a weird behaviour.
Some suggestions, but I am not sure whether they will resolve the issue:
- update the bios
- update all drivers (use latest drivers)
- make sure you have install the motherboard chipset drivers
- check if the card require auxiliary power, then you will have to connect the power connector to it
- check that your system is runing with at least the minimum power supply required : TPS
- if this does not work, then you can try to clear the cmos (removing the motherboard battery and put it back after about 15 minutes)
- check with the manufacturer of the add-on card to make sure the card is supported by this board
Apart from that I do not see any other recommendation.
Thanks for the speedy response! I've tried all those measures but I'm still waiting to hear from Hauppauge about it. I also need to try a different x1 card in that slot. I'll probably have to RMA the board which is kind of a pain but I guess it is what it is.
Well, I got a new board and I'm still having the same problem! I've also tried another HVR-2250 and it won't work in the center slot either, but I can get them both working in the other slots (the x16 one and the other x1 slot)... I'm not sure what to do now since I was hoping to put a new Ceton tuner card in the 3rd slot.