1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 26, 2016 4:49 PM by Intel Corporation

NUC5CPYH won't boot.

Dsrtknight

This is my second NUC, the first was DOA.  Per the NUC Kit directions I purchased and have installed G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1600 and Seagate Laptop Thin 5400.9 500 GB 5400RPM SATA 3Gb/s 16 MB Cache 2.5-Inch Internal Notebook Hard Drive.  I connected to my display using a working HDMI cable (works with my current laptop) and USB keyboard.  Upon power-up, the button shows a steady blue light (no flashing of error codes) but the display shows 'No signal.'  I have removed and reseated the RAM with no improvement.  As this is my second attempt to use a NUC for an entertainment center, it could be my last, if I cannot get this unit working.  I have built several computers in the past and this 'simple' solution is quickly becoming a pain. 

I would like to get some type of display to move forward in Win10 installation from a Flash stick and actually begin using the NUC in my home entertainment set-up.  But, I have quickly become frustrated with this product.  Any ideas on where to begin before I ship this unit back as well and get an Azulle, Gigabyte or Asus to replace my NUC?

• 1. Re: NUC5CPYH won't boot.
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hello Dsrtknight,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

I’m sorry about the issue you have.

1. I will appreciate if you could post the RAM part number (G-Skill usually the part number with F3-), hard drive model.
          2. Tried different RAM, hard drive and cable if it is possible
          3. Start the system without the hard drive
          4. If the display has multiple video inputs, make sure you've selected the correct source (usually selectable via an input option on the display's remote control device).
          5. Try removing the jumper that is located on the NUC motherboard, then put it back in and restart the system (do not remove the jumper when the system is on).
          6. Do you feel the NUC overheating or it feels normal?
          7. If any of the overheating symptoms appear, check the following:
          8. The Intel NUC is set on a hard surface.
          9. The ventilation holes in the back and bottom of the chassis aren't blocked.
          10. The Intel NUC is set vertically on its left or right side (for better airflow to the bottom ventilation holes).
          11. If nothing works, try to do a bios recovery, you can follow the steps here:
          12. http://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005532.html?_ga=1.50720745.1908953251.1474927652
          13. You can download the latest bios version at the following link:
          14. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26264/BIOS-Update-PYBSWCEL-86A-?product=85254

Download the BIO file.

I hope this can help you.

Best wishes,

Ivan