Items with no label
3335 Discussions

SR300 and C236 Chipset Compatiblity?

idata
Employee

Hello,

I just got a new C236 based motherboard and can't get the SR300 camera to install properly. I'm using an i7-6700 CPU. The DCM installer says it can't find a supported camera. The camera is plugged directly into a USB3 port on the back of the motherboard, and other USB 3 devices (mass storage) work fine.

OS NameMicrosoft Windows 10 ProVersion10.0.14393 Build 14393ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)BIOS Version/DateAmerican Megatrends Inc. 1.0a, 4/29/2016BaseBoard ManufacturerSupermicroBaseBoard ModelX11SAT-F

I get the following error in device manager for the "Composite Device":

USB Composite DeviceUSB\VID_8086&PID_0AA5\6&1C5D448&0&1

This device cannot start.

I've attached what USBView shows.

Any ideas? The camera works great on three other systems.

Message was edited by: Nick Sivo Corrected processor model.

Message was edited by: Nick Sivo&# 13; &# 13; Added Microsoft Message Analyzer USB 3.0 trace log.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

In hopes of a cheap and easy fix, I ordered a Fresco Logic based USB 3.0 PCIe card. It arrived today, and the camera does not work with it either. This leads me to believe the issue I'm having is software related, likely some problem with my Windows 10 installation or USB stack.

I'm going to try with a fresh Windows install sometime later, but now consider this issue "solved", or at least not Intel's fault

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi kogir,

Let me investigate your case with Supremicro. I will try to get a update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mike,

I reported the issue to Supermicro first, and they even looked into getting a device for testing, but stock seems to be out or held and only pre-orders are available currently. They offered to have me send mine out, but acknowledged it would likely take weeks to ship, investigate and track down. My case# with them was SM1609221320 if that helps.

Please let me know if there are any tests. traces or logs I can capture to assist.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Mike,

I'm sorry the SR300 camera is not working on your system. Thanks for testing the camera on other systems. That shows that the camera itself is working fine. I do not see any red flags in the reports you sent or in the specs for the C236 that would be responsible for the failed enumeration.

Did you try connecting the camera to a different USB3 port on the motherboard?

If the camera works on other systems and does not work on your Supermicro (SM) motherboard then it is probably related to the motherboard itself. In this case, it is best to pursue the issue with SM.

Best regards,

Jesus Garcia

Intel Customer Support for RealSense
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

In hopes of a cheap and easy fix, I ordered a Fresco Logic based USB 3.0 PCIe card. It arrived today, and the camera does not work with it either. This leads me to believe the issue I'm having is software related, likely some problem with my Windows 10 installation or USB stack.

I'm going to try with a fresh Windows install sometime later, but now consider this issue "solved", or at least not Intel's fault

Thanks!

0 Kudos