I still haven't found the solution.
Tried different drivers, older and newer but nothing helps. It's like if the bluetooth was going to sleep after a few minutes and only reboot wakes it up for another few minutes.
When I try to send files from my laptop to my phone, it works perfectly fine. Just can't send anything from my phone to my laptop.
I really don't want to go back to windows 10, where everything was working as it should.
When you said you used Windows®10 and everything was working as it should and when you went to back to Windows*7 this situation started, it may be that there is remaining files from Windows®10 that might be causing a conflict with the Bluetooth* Protocols.
Have you tried to do a clean uninstall of the OS and adapter and then install the OS again from scratch and later the latest drivers for this OS? If not, this option may be just what you need to have this situation fixed.
Here are some tips:
1. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
2. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
3. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
4. Then, clean uninstall the OS and proceed to installing it again from scratch. Once you have done it. Do the following:
5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.
6. *It is important to consider if the adapter is the one installed by factory, to obtain the drivers from your computer manufacturer. You may find their contact information by accessing this link: Computer Manufacturer Support Websites
7. Alternatively, you can use our latest generic drivers found in our download center. For your convenience, here is the link: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7* Package Version: 19.10.0. The driver for this adapter in this package is the 220.127.116.11
Let us know if these tips helped you resolve this situation.
Thank you for your reply.
I've done the clean install of Windows 7 so there is no remaining files from win10.
Laptop is a "HP 15-291sa" but the manufacturer only provides drivers for windows 10.
I uninstalled all the drivers again and tried to use the one from the link you provided, but that only installed driver for my wi-fi, not for my bluetooth.
Unfortunately, my problem still exists.
Here are the latest drivers for Windows*7: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows 7* version 19.00.1629
Important to do the following:
1. Uninstall previous version of Intel Bluetooth software.
2. Then, proceed to installation of the new drivers.
*There have been reports that certain Windows*7 updates caused Bluetooth issues. Please, check this page for further support: Troubleshoot Issue with Intel® Bluetooth and Microsoft Windows 7* Updates
Let us know if this helped you.
It looks like I've finally found the solution.
There was some Services conflict and switching off three of them fixed my problem completely...
The services were:
Bluetooth Device Monitor (Motorolla Solutions, Inc.)
Bluetooth Media Service (Motorolla Solutions, Inc.)
Bluetooth OBEX Service (Motorolla Solutions, Inc.)
The only bluetooth related service I left switched on is:
Intel Bluetooth Service (Intel Corporation)
So far I've done some testing and all seems to be working fine.
The only thing is that I still don't have Send Files and Recive Files option when I click the Bluetooth. I have to use "Bluetooth file transfer" (fsquirt.exe) from Start menu, but I can live with that.
We are glad to know the situation has been resolved. Please take into consideration the information about the KBs informed in a previous post. Should you have any further questions or doubts, please let us know or if you prefer, you can also obtain live support from one of our technicians. Through this link, you can find other options to contact us: Contact Support
We are glad to know the issue has been resolved. Should you need our assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.