1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2016 3:04 PM by Kardinalli

D2550MUD2 and LVDS

Kardinalli

How to activate D2550MUD2 LVDS on board?
      On the LVDS connector pin 25-26-27-28 voltage 0V, 3.3V jumper set. The BIOS LVDS any settings is not.

• 1. Re: D2550MUD2 and LVDS
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Kardinalli,

Please see if the information at the following link can help you.
          http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/processors/embedded-processors/emgd_1.15_usersguide.pdf

Check on page 49

Regards,

Ivan

• 2. Re: D2550MUD2 and LVDS
            Kardinalli

Thank you!
            I myself have found this information. But I did not have time to write about it. I will experiment.

• 3. Re: D2550MUD2 and LVDS
              Intel Corporation

Thanks Kardinalli , please let me know how it goes.

Best wishes,

Ivan

• 4. Re: D2550MUD2 and LVDS
                Kardinalli

I hooked the matrix in Windows XP through LVDS.
                But the image of a very low-contrast, brightness can not be adjusted. And most importantly - in the BIOS setup does not appear to LVDS. The document "D2550MUD2_TechProdSpec04" said:
                "NOTE
                Support for flat panel display configuration complies with the following:
                1. Internal flat panel display connectivity is disabled (and all parameters hidden) by
                default.
                2. Internal flat panel display settings are not exposed through Intel
                ® Integrator
                Toolkit or Intel
                ® Integrator Assistant GUIs.
                3. Internal flat panel display settings will not be overwritten by loading BIOS setup
                defaults.
                4. Internal flat panel display settings will be preserved across BIOS updates. "

Through ITK settings in the BIOS LVDS is not activated. How to activate LVDS in BIOS ???

• 5. Re: D2550MUD2 and LVDS
                  Kardinalli

The document aio_integration_white_paper_v30.pdf offered two ways to activate the LVDS.

Using Maintenance Mode
                  The board boots into Maintenance Mode automatically when the Configuration jumpe
                  Configure.

Follow these steps to unlock an LVDS configuration using Maintenance Mode.

1.  Power off the computer and disconnect AC power.
                  2.  Open the AIO chassis for access to the desktop board.
                  3.  Locate the configuration jumper and move the jumper to pins 2 and 3.

4.  Reapply AC power and turn on the computer.
                  5.  When the BIOS setup appears, go to the Configuration > Video > Advanced Flat Panel Display
                  Settings menu.
                  6.  Set Flat Panel Configuration Changes to Unlocked.
                  7.  Press F10 to save and exit BIOS setup.
                  8.  Power off the computer and disconnect AC power.
                  9.  Move the jumper back to pins 1 and 2.
                  10.  Replace the chassis cover.
                  11.  Reapply AC power and turn on the computer.

The first way - the BIOS menu does not appear LVDS settings! There is simply no such items!

Using Intel® Integrator Toolkit

1.  Download and install Intel® Integrator Toolkit software.
                  2.  Copy the file itoolkit.exe from the folder \Program Files\Intel\Intel Integrator Toolkit\Installation Tool –
                  DOS\ to a DOS-bootable USB drive (or DOS box from Windows).
                  3.  Run the following command: itoolkit remove -config

The second way - ITK version 5.0.3 does not support the BIOS of the motherboard!

Very bad solution. I have never encountered problems on motherboards Gigabyte. Do not ever buy Intel.

• 6. Re: D2550MUD2 and LVDS
                    Intel Corporation

If you need to use Intel® Integrator Toolkit please refer to this website for better assistance.
                    http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000006010.html

I’m really sorry for any inconvenience and I hope that you can have a better experience with the information from the link above.

Best wishes,

Ivan

• 7. Re: D2550MUD2 and LVDS
                      Kardinalli

I know how to upgrade the BIOS, why do I need this reference?

I wish from the company Intel, which made the motherboard D2550MUD2, of clear instructions. How to open items are LVDS in BIOS? Or the company itself does not know your product?

• 8. Re: D2550MUD2 and LVDS
                        N.Scott.Pearson

Unfortunately, the latter is the case. Intel exited the Desktop Boards business a number of years ago. The folks with the expertise in this area are, as they say, spread to the four winds (they're in other groups at Intel, have left the company or, like me, have retired).

...S

• 9. Re: D2550MUD2 and LVDS
                          Kardinalli

To all appearances - you're right.
                          So I no longer buy Intel products. And I advise friends to stay away from her.

• 10. Re: D2550MUD2 and LVDS
                            Intel Corporation

I’m sorry Kardinalli, N. Scott Pearson  is right and we don’t make motherboards anymore, actually they are End of Interactive Support as you can see here:
                            http://ark.intel.com/products/69042/Intel-Desktop-Board-D2550MUD2

There is not much information about this product anymore and what I can provide you about the LVDS is what is on the DataSheet and at this link:
                            http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/desktop/sb/e77911001.pdf

Best wishes,

Ivan

• 11. Re: D2550MUD2 and LVDS
                              Kardinalli

It is pointless to even comment. I read all of these documents many times. It is all useless.
                              I gathered LVDS driver for Windows XP, everything works.
                              But I was not able to answer the question - how to open a menu for LVDS in BIOS?
                              In the Video settings. I tried all the methods, all to no avail.

biosvideo.jpg

• 12. Re: D2550MUD2 and LVDS
                                Intel Corporation

I have been asking for a document with the step-by-step guide (updated) about “how to enable LVDS” in our boards.

After sharing information with my coworkers we have came up so far the following steps to follow:

1. Make a bootable USB flash drive bootable
                                2. Download and install the Intel® Integrator Toolkitapplication on any computer model.
                                3. Go in to C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Integrator Toolkit\Installation Tool – DOS and copy the file (ITOOLKIT.exe) in to the root directory of the bootable flash drive
                                4. Restart the computer in question (D945GSEJT, D510MOV, D525MWVor DH61AG) and boot from the flash drive (use F10 if needed)
                                5. The next step is to “extract” the BIOS file as it is with the “itoolkit.exe” application.
                                6. Type “itoolkit(space)extract(space)-Tokens”: this command line will generate by default an .INI file that can be modified later with a regular text editor. This file contains one of the tokens to either disable or enable the LVDS capability, along with additional tokens to modify specific LVDS related settings.
                                7. Boot to the OS on the computer you initially installed the Itoolkit , plug the bootable flash drive and open it, you will have a file called “ITOOLKIT”, not the .exe one.
                                8. Open that file with a text editor like notepad, note all the options from BIOS, the ones that we are interested are:

; IGD Flat Panel
                                ;---------------------------------------
                                ; Select a single value from this list:
                                ;     0 : Disable (default)
                                ;     1 : LVDS
                                ;     2 : eDP
                                Value=X
                                [SETTING_05FE]
                                ;
                                ; IGD Primary Video Port
                                ;     0 : Auto (default)
                                ;     2 : DVI-I (Blue) Analog
                                ;     3 : DVI-I (Blue) Digital
                                ;     5 : HDMI
                                Value=0
                                [SETTING_05FF]
                                ;
                                ; IGD Secondary Video Port
                                ;     0 : None (default)
                                ;     2 : DVI-I (Blue) Analog
                                ;     3 : DVI-I (Blue) Digital
                                ;     5 : HDMI
                                Value=X
                                [SETTING_05BA]

9. Change those settings to the options you like ( change the “x” for the number of the option you like “1” Enable LVDS support from within the .INI file and save the changes.

10.  The next step is to “deploy” the new modified BIOS so plug in the flash drive in to the computer that you want to enable the LVDS (motherboard should have an identical BIOS ID string from the USB flash drive, i.e. same model), if you restarted it, then boot again to the flash drive and type the following: “itoolkit(space)Install(space)-Tokens”
                                11. Once the installation is complete, restart the computer and enter the board BIOS.
                                12. Under “Configuration” enter the “Advanced Flat Panel Display Settings” and under EDID Information, change the “EDID Data Source” to “Pre-defined”.
                                13. Then change the Pre-defined EDID configuration to the value that better matches the LCD panel (Type 8 is the most recommended)
                                14. Press F10 to save BIOS changes and let the system reboot.

There might be more options to set for the LCD panel but those depend on the specifications and manufacturer.

Please be aware that the ITK is not working right now because we are developing a new version, so once the new version is released you can go ahead download it and follow the steps above.

Regards,

Ivan

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                • 13. Re: D2550MUD2 and LVDS
                                  Kardinalli

Look that I found yesterday))) Just the same instruction with files!

http://pccar.ru/showpost.php?p=133798&postcount=212
                                  But without yours the explanation would spend more time.
                                  Many thanks to you for support and patience, Ivan!
                                  Now everything is magnificent!
                                  LVDS works both in DOS and in Windows, there are all settings in BIOS!
                                  Once again thanks, the problem is SOLVED!

One more question. Can I save a modified firmware to xxx.bio file?

Regards,

Robert

• 14. Re: D2550MUD2 and LVDS
                                    Intel Corporation

Yes you can, with the ITK software you can do it, but please be aware that right now the ITK is not available because we are developing a new version, once the new version is released you can go ahead and save a modified firmware to xxx.bio file.

Best wishes,

Ivan

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                    1 2 Previous Next