8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2016 1:11 PM by Intel Corporation

Simulate Bluetooth Keyboard HID from Intel Edison to PC

Mario_Quiroga

Hi all,

I have done A LOT of research but I can't still find a way to do my project. Basically what I want to do is to simulate a Bluetooth keyboard using an Intel Edison so I can use it to write something to my computer as if it was really a keyboard. I am not sure if I just have to create a connection between Edison and my PC and then just do an echo in the Edison terminal, but I think it will be more complex than that. I am not even able to create a connection. When I try to connect using GATT, it says "Error: connect error: Connection refused (111)" and when I try to do it using bluetoothctl I get "Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.NotAvailable". I also wanted to try btmgmt, but haven't been able to install it. I think there are some dependencies missing.

So I don't want to keep wasting my time. Maybe there's an easier way. The pseudocode i want to implement would be something like:

sleep(5)

while(1){

sendchar("H")

sleep(1)

sendchar("e")

sleep(1)

sendchar("l")

sleep(1)

sendchar("l")

sleep(1)

sendchar("o")

sleep(1)

sendchar(" ")

sleep(1)

}

During the first sleep I will have time to move the cursor to a notepad screen, for example, and then click it. Some seconds later I will see the characters being written periodically just as if someone was typing them directly using the PC keyboard.

Thank you for your help