3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2016 10:17 AM by Intel Corporation

Looking for info on the Z8700 errata CHT30

MJPIA

In a description of changes between the Z8*00 and Z8*50 lines Intel document 114067-00 says this:

"Fix 2 previously disclosed Alpha Blending and ASTC graphics errata"

I am looking for more detailed info on the errata which I believe to be CHT30.

"CHT30

SoC May Experience an Incorrect Pixel Alpha Component Render Target

Problem: Under certain complex 3D Render pipeline conditions, the graphics subsystem may experience an incorrect pixel alpha component in the render target.

Implication: Due to this erratum the graphics subsystem may experience an incorrect pixel alpha component in the render target. This erratum has not been observed with the commercial applications tested.

Workaround: Applications can be written to avoid the conditions necessary for this erratum to occur."

I am hoping I could get more info on this errata, what it affects, what conditions cause this errata to occur and how to avoid triggering this problem since I can't find any other info beyond what I just posted here.

One person has mentioned that based on how its worded this error might only show up on an system running Android and not on a Windows device but he doesn't have enough info to say for sure.