5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2016 1:36 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel driver update utility

dcheser698

I have tried using the Intel driver update utility. Everytime i use it it says NO outdated drivers detected. That would be nice but i have ran the utility right after a clean install of operating system and before loading any drivers ????????????

Dz77ga-70k board and I7 2600k cpu.

I have purposely install older intel drivers and then ran the utility to get the same reults, (NO outdated drivers detected). ?????????

• 1. Re: Intel driver update utility
          N.Scott.Pearson

Intel hates me saying this, but I do not trust this tool to do the right thing. In this case, it may simply be because their database does not include products this old (but I am guessing).

I recommend that you go to the downloads page for your board and (manually) download and install the latest available drivers found there. Optionally (though you will have to ferret them out on your own; hint: look at downloads for newer boards and the NUCs), there are newer driver packages that can be used with this board (and perhaps this processor - but note its graphics are NOT supported by most later graphics driver releases).

Hope this helps,

...S

• 2. Re: Intel driver update utility
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello:

Thank you very much to N.Scott Pearson for all the information posted previously.

To dcheser698:

Here is the link where you will be able to download the drivers for the Intel® DZ77GA-70K board:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=DZ77GA-70K+

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

• 3. Re: Intel driver update utility
              dcheser698

Thank you. I always use the latest drivers from the manufactures website. I was just curious as to why it will not work on my system even when running before installing any drivers.

It is no big deal because i do download and use all latest drivers. Just thought i would give it a try since the program was made by intel and supported intel products.

Thank you to Intel Corp. ,  N. Scott Pearson and all others that have provided information and advise for my issues.

Good support is greatly appreciated. I only wish that Intel would continue to make desktop boards.

• 4. Re: Intel driver update utility
                dcheser698

I may have (by posting different issues caused confussion) as it applies to some of my problems.

I am aware that windows 10 is not supported i just more or less have it installed to see if i like it.

My system is setup to boot into windows 7, 8.1, and 10. Each Operating system is on its own ssd. when booting to one OS i remove the sata cables from other two ssd.

• 5. Re: Intel driver update utility
                  Intel Corporation
                  This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello dcheser698:

Perfect, thank you very much for letting us know that information.

We are glad to hear the PC is actually working fine for you, and in regard to your inquiry, it is very unlikely that Intel will start to manufacture boards again, the reason for that is because Intel is focusing in develop different type of products, such as NUCs and compute sticks.

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto