I’m having an Issue with my workstation and having several questions.
I’m running an Intel Server Board s2600cp4 with a Cool Master GX 650W power supply. Now the connecter between the power supply and the 8 / 4-pin eps / atx 12v connector melted and the workstation isn’t running anymore.
Here are my questions:
Other Sytem Specs:
- Intel Server Board S2600CP4
- 2 X Intel Xeon E5-2670 8 Core @ 2,6GHz /Turbo 3,00GHz
- 32 GB DDR3 Ram (8 x 4GB Dimms)
- Adaptec 6805 Raid Controller 8Port SAS/Sata 6GBs
- 4 X Seagate 2TB SAS HDDs Raid 5
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks a lot,
Here are the answers to your questions:
1- That will depend on the total wattage that your server components will use but normally 650 watts is good enough.
2- Get a new one indeed.
3- The power supplies validated for the board from Intel are listed here page#9
4- The validated cards for the board are the following:
NVidia Tesla M2090
NVidia Tesla M2050
NVidia Tesla M2070