cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 535 DevSleep Issue (Disappearing from BIOS with Windows 8 and 10) and no Support

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

This hard drive is meant as an upgrade for a system that suffers from the well-known DevSleep issue with the 535 series. The symptoms are very consistent:

1) From the system in an off state, powering on into any OS that is NOT Windows 10/8 shows the hard drive and it acts normal.

2) As soon as an attempt is made to install Windows 10 (which is what we require) the drive disappears from the BIOS/EFI. Changing BIOS SATA mode makes no difference in the behavior (tried in both an HP 15 and a Lenovo Flex 2), and both have up-to-date BIOS.

3) The drive does not show up in the BIOS again until the system is physically powered off and then on again.

More information on the issue can be found at:

and also

http://drivers.softpedia.com/blog/intel-fixes-devsleep-issue-for-its-530-and-535-solid-state-drive-s... Intel Fixes DevSleep Issue for Its 530 and 535 Solid-State Drive Series

Unfortunately, Intel has taken down the link so I cannot handle this myself. My drive is currently firmware version RG21 so attempting to run the firmware tool (from bootable ISO, since I can't install Windows) simply says: The firmware on this Intel SSD is up to date. So I can't do anything that way either. And I can't use any Windows based tools since I can't install Windows in the first place, and none of the tools work on a USB adapter. Basically, it's impossible to address no matter which way I approach it.

I attempted to receive warranty support (as the drive is well within its warranty period) and after all the trouble of filling in the details and submitting the request I get a page displaying:

System Unavailable

Intel Customer Support Service Request Management is unavailable. We are actively working to resolve the system issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience.

- Intel Customer Support Team

I have attempted all day long and I continue to get this message. Can someone please get me a link to something that can disable DevSleep? It would take minutes to fix this annoying issue if I could just get some help. Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

hcp_Jason,

We understand your frustration. We are going to do whatever is within our reach to assist you. Regarding Devsleep issue, please check this guide: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/solid-state-drives/000020919.html Enable/Disable DevSleep Only User Guide for Intel® SSD Firmware Update Tool - Page # 13Please, check your private message for additional support. If you still wish to have live attention, please let us know.Best regards,Aleki

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

hcp_Jason,

We understand your frustration. We are going to do whatever is within our reach to assist you. Regarding Devsleep issue, please check this guide: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/solid-state-drives/000020919.html Enable/Disable DevSleep Only User Guide for Intel® SSD Firmware Update Tool - Page # 13Please, check your private message for additional support. If you still wish to have live attention, please let us know.Best regards,Aleki

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for getting me the link (for those reading this, Aleki sent me the link directly), everything is working now after flashing the firmware.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

hcp_jason,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that the information we sent you helped to resolve this situation. Should you need our assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us. Feel free to choose the best way for you to contact us:http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact SupportBest regards,Aleki

EBurc
New Contributor

Hello, i am facing almost similar issues with a 535 series drive. Same RG21 firmware, but it doesn't get detected at all in BIOS. I've tried the drive in anoter PC and it works flawless. Same on USB. However, in the PC i've bought it for it doesn't work using the internal S-Ata connection. Windows seems to detect it though, but it asks for it to be initialized and fails. Any advice? Thanks!