1 2 Previous Next 34 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2016 10:31 AM by Cuscaden

NUC6i7KYK WIndows 10 PowerDVD 3d Bluray playback not possible

Cuscaden

Good day Nuccers,

I have an Intel Skull NUC NUC6i7KYK running Windows 10 Pro and am trying to playback 3D Bluray titles in PowerDVD 16. PowerDVD is whinging that it cannot detect a HDMI 1.4 capable graphics card. I am running the latest bios 41. I have tried the latest drivers available here:

Drivers & Software being 15.45etc., I tried uninstalling those and tried the latest general release which was a little more recent. I also tried uninstalling all drivers and just letting windows download its default drivers for the card. No luck. Also applied the HDMI 2.0 firmware update that came out a while back.

I have tried setting resolution manually to 1080p/24Hz rather than the 4K/60Hz I normally run the system at. No change in behaviour.

Any clues for my clue bag from anyone else?

• 1. Re: NUC6i7KYK WIndows 10 PowerDVD 3d Bluray playback not possible
          JamesU

Just a quick question - Are you running PowerDVD 16 Ultra?  And is your monitor HDMI 1.4 capable / 3D capable?  PowerDVD Pro and PowerDVD Standard cannot do 3D, according to their website.  Not all monitors can do 3D.

May want to look here for overall system advice on 3D:

Can My Laptop, Monitor, Or TV Do 3D? [Frequently Asked Questions]

James

• 2. Re: NUC6i7KYK WIndows 10 PowerDVD 3d Bluray playback not possible
            Cuscaden

James,

The Intel Nuc is plugged into an LG OLED55E6V. The TV is capable of 3D playback. I have used it successfully with both an Xbox One S and my gaming PC with a AMD Radeon R290 and PowerDVD 16 to playback the content. I am also running PowerDVD Ultra 16. The NUC's primary task here is being used as a media centre.

Regards,

Percy

• 3. Re: NUC6i7KYK WIndows 10 PowerDVD 3d Bluray playback not possible
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hi Cuscaden,

The graphics Iris Pro 580 supports the maximum resolutions below:
              HDMI: 4096x2304@24Hz and DP: 4096x2304@60Hz

It is prepared for HDMI 2.0, mini Display Port 1.2 and USB-C (DP1.2).

I suggest you update the Chipset and Management Engine Interface plus install the latest graphics driver version 4501.
              https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26228/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88357

I reviewed your TV specs and it supports a maximum resolution of 3840 x 2160@60Hz. I believe a resolution of 1080p/24Hz is not supported by your TV.

If problem continues, please fill out our sticky note and send me the results of the Intel® System Support Utility.

Default level information for reporting Graphics issues
              https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

How to attach a file:
              -Click on reply
              -Click Use advanced editor (upper right side)
              -Click Attach (lower right hand)

Regards,
              Mike C

• 4. Re: NUC6i7KYK WIndows 10 PowerDVD 3d Bluray playback not possible
                Cuscaden

Hi Mike C,

I have re-installed the driver you want me to 15.40.28.4501 (which I did try before posting to the forum as well) from here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26228/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88357

I have re-installed the Chipset Device Software from here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26128/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-for-Intel-NUC?product=89187

I have re-installed the Managament Engine from here (ME_SW_MSI option):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26127/Intel-Management-Engine-Consumer-Driver-for-Intel-NUC?product=89187

The TV supports any of the resolutions that the Intel Driver on the Intel Nuc has thrown at it including 1080p/60 1080p/24 which I have manually set. 3D is enabled as an option in windows and I tried 1920x1080 as the recommended resolution to play back 3D content.

The TV works with 3D content either reproduced on my Xbox One S or my other PC with an AMD Radeon R290. I do not believe the TV is the source of this issue.

File attached Intel.zip which includes:

1. Note 1 - "Screenshot 02.PNG"

2. Note 2 - Intel SSU output "Percy-IntelSkullNUC"

3. Note 2 - DXDiag output "DXDiag.txt"

4. Note 2 - Dispdiag output "DispDiag-Intel-Issue.dat"

5. "Screenshot 01.png" - Showing Windows thinks it is "3D" capable and running at recommended 1920x1080p 3D resolution.

6. Various screenshots from PowerDVD Ultra 15 and 16 showing the different output when trying to select HDMI 1.4 enabled TV. Again would like to re-emphasise with the Xboe One S it is clear when the console changes to outputting a 3D signal, the TV detects it and swaps into 3D mode.

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Using my Iris 580 GPU and PowerDVD 15 Ultra or PowerDVD 16 Ultra connected by HDMI to an LG OLED55E6V I am not able to reproduce Bluray 3D content. I believe this should be possible. PowerDVD 15 Ultra reports the GFX card is not HDMI 1.4 capable and PowerDVD 16 reports "The content or device does not support this mode."

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")

Always (100%): PowerDVD will not play back the content. It has never successfully played back the content on my Intel Shark Nuc with the integrated Iris 580 GPU.

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Intel Skull Nuc (NUC6i7KYK)

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?
                ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

No, the only GPU system available to this system is the integrated Intel Iris Pro 580.

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
                LFP
                = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)
                EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

LG OLED55E6V

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

16GB

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
                ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

The HDMI cable is successfully playing back HDMI 2.0 content 4K/60Hz without any issues. If it can play that content, HDMI 1.4 content should be a breeze.

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

See

Software (SW)

Operating System version (see note2 below).

Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Edition (OS Build 14393.187)

VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.

Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).

SW or Apps version used to replicate the issue.

PowerDVD Ultra 15 and 16

Configurations

Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).

Single display

Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).

Have tried 1080p/60 1080p/24 4K/60

AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?

Power cable plugged in and unit powered up.

How to repro

Please provide steps to replicate the issue.  These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
                A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

1. Buy Intel Skull Nuc, RAM, SSD and Windows 10 license.
                2. Install RAM and SSD into NUC. Power up, install Windows 10.
                3. Install latest drivers from Intel Skull Nuc support page.
                4. Install PowerDVD Ultra 15 and activate from existing license.
                5. Find that PowerDVD Ultra 15 is going on about not detecting a HDMI 1.4 capable graphics card.
                6. Think erroenously that maybe you need a newer version of PowerDVD Ultra 16 to play nice with new HDMI 2.0 capable GPUs.
                7. Upgrade to PowerDVD Ultra 16 and activate license.
                8. Try to playback content. (Content is a full Bluray ISO image which works on PowerDVD 16 Ultra with a Radeon Ultra 290).
                9. Fail.
                10. Cry and curse.
                11. Contact Intel and PowerDVD support teams hoping they will acknowledge there is an issue and that something is borked but will be fixed either in a driver or software update depending on where the bug lies.
                12. Pray this will work otherwise just spent a lot of money on what I was hoping was a really minimalist media centre setup.

Thanks for the assistance so far.

Regards,

Percy

• 5. Re: NUC6i7KYK WIndows 10 PowerDVD 3d Bluray playback not possible
                  Intel Corporation

Hi Cuscaden,

Let me get further information with my upper level. I will try to answer you in 2 to 4 business days.

Mike C

• 6. Re: NUC6i7KYK WIndows 10 PowerDVD 3d Bluray playback not possible
                    Intel Corporation

Hi Cuscaden,

We are already working on your case. Could you please confirm if you can watch the video with PowerDVD without 3D.

Mike C

• 7. Re: NUC6i7KYK WIndows 10 PowerDVD 3d Bluray playback not possible
                      Cuscaden

Hi Mike C,

Yes I can confirm that PowerDVD plays normal content without an issue, and that when using a 3D Bluray ISO and turning off 3D on purpose, it plays back correctly in normal mode without 3D being enabled.

Regards,

Percy

• 8. Re: NUC6i7KYK WIndows 10 PowerDVD 3d Bluray playback not possible
                        mikec_intel

Hi Cuscaden,

Thank you for your update. I have passed your info to my upper level.

Mike C

• 9. Re: NUC6i7KYK WIndows 10 PowerDVD 3d Bluray playback not possible
                          rguevara

Hi Cuscaden,

I am really sorry to hear that you are having issues with this integration, I understand your frustration.

Would you mind telling me a bit more about what was the answer from PowerDVD support? Did they acknowledge that there is an issue? Are they working on it?

I see that the issue at least at this point is setting up "HDMI 1.4 enabled 3D TV(1080p 24Hz)

PowerDVD02[1].jpg

Thanks,

Ronny G

• 10. Re: NUC6i7KYK WIndows 10 PowerDVD 3d Bluray playback not possible
                            Cuscaden

Hi Ronny,

Apologies for not replying sooner, I gave up on Cyberlink support, they were running me around the mill with their standard support script going around in circles. Their last comment was that the NUC did not have a Bluray drive, and I pointed them at a link on their own website showing that the playback of Bluray ISOs was supported, but they did not respond to that. I went back to the original forum post where they asked me to contact official support and game them the reference for the support ticket, but no one responded, so not too much luck with Cyberlink on that front.

Currently I am using a special MVC build of Kodi and I can get 3D playback on that, though it is not "native" in the sense that no 3D signal is "detected", instead KODI splits the two streams into a SBS or Top/Bottom setup and the TV does its magic to turn the two streams into a 3D image.

This does not work with the latest Kodi build but it does work with an older build from June.

I have no solid evidence at this point to blame either Intel for a driver issue or Cyberlink for a bug at their end.

Regards,

Percy

• 11. Re: NUC6i7KYK WIndows 10 PowerDVD 3d Bluray playback not possible
                              Intel Corporation

Hi Cuscaden,

Thank you for your feedback. We have tested our NUC and it is providing with 3D resolution. I am going to close your case; if the problem continues please reply back using the same thread.

Mike C

• 12. Re: NUC6i7KYK WIndows 10 PowerDVD 3d Bluray playback not possible
                                Cuscaden

Hi Mike C,

Could you let me know what you are doing on your NUC to get 3D playback to see if I can reproduce the same results and at least fling that back at Cyberlink. It should at least help me rule out something specific to my setup being the cause or not. Thanks!

Regards,

Percy

• 13. Re: NUC6i7KYK WIndows 10 PowerDVD 3d Bluray playback not possible
                                  Intel Corporation

Hi Cuscaden,

I have sent your case to my upper level; they will be answering your question shortly.

Mike C

• 14. Re: NUC6i7KYK WIndows 10 PowerDVD 3d Bluray playback not possible
                                    Cuscaden

Hi Mike,

I just got home and thought, ok let's leave movies out of formula for now, what about Direct3D steroscopic playback? So I downloaded a 3D stereoscopic test app and it says stereoscopic 3D is not enabled on my system. I then went digging further in the Intel driver settings and cannot see anything specific to Stereoscopic 3D settings in the driver except for a hot key combo to pull up the 3D Stereoscopic panel. I did that, and it just shows 2D as an option, there is no 3D option.

I did two other things, installed the latest beta driver from 30SEP v 4530, which made no difference, (Just a Gears of War hotfix in the notes) and just to be thorough I used the same HDMI cable that my Xbox S uses (which successfully reproduces 3D Bluray content), and again I could find no way to get the test to work or to enable 3D stereoscopic capability.

Regards,

Percy

1 2 Previous Next