Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20454 Discussions

Problems with Driver Version: 15.40.28.64.4501

aandr28
New Contributor I

Hi guys, i have laptop powered with intel I7 6700HQ Intel HD 530 Graphics, manufacturer HP. Currently im using Driver Version: 15.40.26.64.4474 drivers those work good with no problems and hundred times better then HP modified drivers.

Today by update tool i was offered to update drivers to Driver Version: 15.40.28.64.4501. After update graphics control panel gone no able to use it, settings messed up in windows display settings. tried to reinstall several times, tried to delete old drivers with software

and to do clean driver install , all the time getting the same problems. Going back to Driver Version: 15.40.26.64.4474 pc works fine as should. Machine runs win 10 pro 1067.

Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
aandr28
New Contributor I

i want to update my thread, today i have downloaded and installed the newest beta drivers version 15.40.4539Beta and they work perfect as i can see form the first view all problems i had with 5401 version are eliminated, but faced other problem drivers are not digitally signed with Microsoft. Guys it would be much appreciated if you could fix it. Thanks. As i don't want each restart of my PC switch off forced Microsoft digital sign up of drivers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
34 Replies
Loeschzwerg
New Contributor I

By "update tool" you mean the Windows-Update tool, right? Have you tried to download the driver directly from the Intel support site and installing it?

Your problem sounds like the drivers weren't installed after all and Windows does a fall back to the generic MS driver. After installing the v4501 driver (no matter if update tool or by direct download), what does the Windows device manager show?

0 Kudos
aandr28
New Contributor I

mate you are totally wrong! Updates are installed device manager shows new driver signature only installing new driver old control panel is deleted and new one is not installed, and im getting crazy settings at windows desktop settings like two screens merged in two one or some other several different size screens those doesnt exist in reality an so on. And no no generic drivers are installed as they are blocked form installing.

0 Kudos
aandr28
New Contributor I

intel update tool not Microsoft update

0 Kudos
SCars2
Beginner

Same problem for me. Was running 4483 from Windows Update on Windows 10 14393.105 x64.

Found 4501 on the Intel download pages. Installed. Driver version got updated as verified in Device Manager.

Context menu entry for Intel "Graphics properties..." was missing.

Found Intel HD Graphics in the control panel. But clicking it does nothing.

So the configuration UI is missing for me on the latest Windows 10 release version.

Uninstalled driver. Let Windows search and install the 4483 again and the Graphics Properties are back and working.

0 Kudos
aandr28
New Contributor I

i used intel driver update utility and it offered me to download the latest 4501 drivers for my hd 530 graphics. It downloaded .exe file and i got problems mentioned by me and you. Later i went to intel driver site and downloaded .zip file but got the same story and had to go back to previous drivers.

0 Kudos
Loeschzwerg
New Contributor I

OK, thanks for clarification.

I installed the v4501 by .exe file on my NUC6i5SYK (Iris 540) and NUC6i7KYK (Iris Pro 580) without any problems (OS is Windows 10 64bit latest build).

SvenC : What CPU do you have?

0 Kudos
aandr28
New Contributor I

so you are lucky , we we are the ones those got troubles with the newest drivers if they work for you its ok but we are waiting for solution on fix our problems related to buggy driver,

0 Kudos
Loeschzwerg
New Contributor I

Yes, seems like Iris 540 / Iris 580 are fine. Maybe it's related only to HD Graphics 530, but let's wait for SvenC's answer about his CPU.

I'm just trying to nail down the problem a bit, so it's easier for Intel to reproduce it and fix the drivers.

If you don't want to wait, you could try these:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/31639-2120164495-1545xx-7th-and-6th-generation-kabylake-broxton-apollo-lake-and-skylake-windows-10-windows-81-windows-8-windows-7/

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Thanks Loeschzwerg, for the help and the information on this thread.

Lucanas, we sell our Intel chipsets and processors to third party manufacturers like HP* and they design their own computers with their own features, settings, and capabilities. For that reason they add their own features to the drivers, to meet the exact specifications on their computers.

If your computer is having problems with our generic Intel graphics drivers, the best you can do is install the latest customized driver released by HP, We recommend you work with your computer manufacturer before installing our driver so you don't lose features or customizations.

You can try uninstalling current driver version installed, using this method;
  • Open the Device Manager.
  • Find the Intel Graphics Driver.
  • Right click Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
  • Select the check box
  • Delete the driver software for this device.
  • Reboot the computer after the uninstalling process has finished.

And this method to install the driver manually

How to manually install an Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html

Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 10

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26228/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88345 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26228/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88345

Hope this helps

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
aandr28
New Contributor I

Dear Hellen, myself Microsoft , Cisco, CompTia certified IT enginner i know what i have to do i tried many possible ways to work around with the newest intel drivers with no success getting the same problems all the time. I tried you show procedure maybe two times.

Regards.

0 Kudos
aandr28
New Contributor I

Regarding customized manufacturer drivers !!!!! They are outdated and applications doesn't work with them. The last drivers provided by HP for HD 530 are released in 2016 January. As i have mentioned Version: 15.40.26.64.4474 works just fine with no problems just the newest ones 4501 got troubles. If 4474 works then 4501 should be fixed.

0 Kudos
SCars2
Beginner

My CPU is i7 4800MQ with HD 4600 GPU.

Optimus enabled with Nvidia Quadro K4100M. Use Intel GPU as default. Typically Nvidia comes only into play, when I plug in additional monitors.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Could you please fill out the information asked in this site, in order to see if there is something I can do from this site?

/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
SCars2
Beginner

Hi Hellen,

I created the diagnostics files but could not find a way to attach them here in the forum. Do you have a mail address to send them to?

Some parts of the diags from my system back on driver 4483 which works for me. The driver which could not display the graphics properties is driver 4501.

--Edited by Bryce@Intel-- attached logs as files

FYI, 'how to attach files' is found in the sticky instructions.

0 Kudos
aandr28
New Contributor I

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook - 15-ak085na , system model 818E

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Adapter CompatibilityIntel CorporationAdapter DAC TypeInternalAdapter RAM1.00 GBAvailabilityRunning or Full PowerBits Per Pixel32CaptionIntel(R) HD Graphics 530<a _jive_internal="true" href="http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html%3Fkeywor...
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

SvenC, Thanks for this information, here are some steps about how to attach a file:

-Click on reply

-Click Use advanced editor (upper right side)

-Click Attach (lower right hand)

Lucanas, Thanks for the information.

I'm working on this, I'll let you know the outcome.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
SCars2
Beginner

Here are diagnose files. And again: the diagnose files are with driver 4483 where everything works, 4501 is the driver which fails to show the Intel Graphics Properties application.

I hope the files help although created with the working driver.

Just install 4501 on Windows 1607 14393.x and see the missing Intel Graphics Properties. Works not from control panel and does not integrate into Windows Explorer context menu.

0 Kudos
aandr28
New Contributor I

Thanks Hellen, will be waiting for outcome.

0 Kudos
АЧебу
Beginner

I have the same issue. The problem is in a driver.

While 20.19.15.4463 works well.

Surface Pro 3 Core i7

Windows 10 14933

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I will update this thread as soon as I receive any news about this matter.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos