3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2016 3:23 PM by Intel Corporation

6700k XTU score?

cxpdeed

Hey guys, I feel my 6700k is not as good as others 6700k in terms of gaming, it seems like my friends with similar GPU(different brand 1070 or 980ti) and 6700k always outperform in FPS, of couse in exactly same setting.

So i ran the benchmark on the extreme tuning utility, seems like my score is about 200~300 marks lower than other 6700K's score, at same clock frequency. I wonder if anyone with 6700k can ran this test at 4ghz and post up the score.

• 1. Re: 6700k XTU score?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello cxpdeed:

I just wanted to let you know Intel® does not support benchmarking, but also, every processor works differently, even if they are the same model, especially if the components are not exactly the same, as you mentioned, your friend has a different GPU, that could make a difference on the tool and maybe that is why the score is lower.

However, we do have a tool to test the processor, it does an overall test, and if the processor passed the test it means it is working fine, second option to the left to install it:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

• 2. Re: 6700k XTU score?
            cxpdeed

Hi Alberto,

thanks for replying!    So the benchmark utility can be found here, which is on the intel official website, Download Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)      and the stress test(benchmark) provided by this software only test the processor, the test is not GPU related.  One thing I notice is that my score is actually 100~200 marks lower than a 6600k at same clock speed. 

• 3. Re: 6700k XTU score?
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello cxpdeed:

Thank you very much for providing that information.

Remember that even if you use the same exact components on a PC, the results of the benchmarking will be different, factors like temperature room will make a different on the results of the test.

Since benchmarking is not supported by Intel®, we do have a link where you will be able to see further details about it:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/benchmarks/intel-product-performance.html

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

If you have the option to test the board with a different processor, maybe use the one other that is getting a higher score, will good in order to find out if it is working properly.

The processor has 3 years of warranty, if you are interested in the replacement, please get in contact directly with us through chat, email, phone or online support, you just need to select processor on product type and you will get those options:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html#@12

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto