Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

CPU Temperature (Intel Core i7-3612QE)

idata
Employee

I use Open Hardware Monitor to check CPU temperatures and the following temperatures are detected.

Could anyone tell me if you know.

Where is each sensor outputs value of "CPU Core" (by Nuvoton NCT6776F) and "CPU Package" located?

I think "CPU Core # 1~# 4" indicate temperatures measured by thermal sensors located on each cores, but I don't know about

"CPU Core" and "CPU Package".

+- Supermicro X9SPV-F/LN4F (/mainboard)

| +- Nuvoton NCT6776F (/lpc/nct6776f)

| | +- CPU Core : 26.5 24 33.5 (/lpc/nct6776f/temperature/0)

+- Intel Core i7-3612QE (/intelcpu/0)

| +- CPU Core # 1 : 30 28 40 (/intelcpu/0/temperature/0)

| +- CPU Core # 2 : 30 28 37 (/intelcpu/0/temperature/1)

| +- CPU Core # 3 : 30 28 37 (/intelcpu/0/temperature/2)

| +- CPU Core # 4 : 30 28 39 (/intelcpu/0/temperature/3)

| +- CPU Package : 30 28 40 (/intelcpu/0/temperature/4)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, Konny:

Thank you for joining the Processor community.

As you mentioned, all the temperatures measured by thermal sensors are located on each core.

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Employee

Hello, Amy:

Thank you for your reply !

The temperature value of "CPU Core(/lpc/nct6776f/temperature/0)" seems to be a little lower than the values of "CPU Core # 1~# 4(/intelcpu/0/temperature/*)" according to my test result, so I suppose the value of "CPU Core(/lpc/nct6776f/temperature/0)" indicates case temperature(Tcase) of the CPU.

Is my understanding correct ?

I'd appreciate it very much if you could tell me about that.

Regards,

Konny

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Mobile processors do not have an integrated heat spreader like desktop processors. This is the reason why the mobile thermal specification refers to Tjunction Max instead of Tcase Max. Now, based on your question I believe that the result does not refer to Tcase or Tjunction, and I know this because the Tjunction of your processor is 105°C. Bear in mind that the software that you are running is a third-party software; therefore, it may have misreadings, that is why I recommend the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool which you can download here; https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool. This software checks for brand identification, verifies the processor operating frequency, tests specific processor features, and performs a stress test on the processor.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos