Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

E5-2687W v2 and E5-2650 v2 on W2600CR Board

JJörg
Beginner

Hi guys,

I have a question about using 2 different CPUs (E5-2687W v2 and E5-2650 v2) on W2600CR Board. Is it possible to mix this two CPUs? I've found in the TPS that the CPUs has to have same Cache size. The 2687 has 25MB L3-Cache and the 2650 only 20MB L3-Cache. Thats why i fear it won't work with this two types of CPUs, right?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi

To answer your question, is not possible to mix 2 different processors since they will operate at a different wattage and that will cause unreliable behavior. Also when using dual socket Intel Server boards, both processors must be exactly the same model number and carrying the same stepping code.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi

To answer your question, is not possible to mix 2 different processors since they will operate at a different wattage and that will cause unreliable behavior. Also when using dual socket Intel Server boards, both processors must be exactly the same model number and carrying the same stepping code.

0 Kudos