Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

Flickering screen (Windows 10) Driver update?

JJenn6
Beginner

It appears I have fallen victim to the Windows 10 flickering screen. According to what I have read, it appears to be a driver issue. I have unistalled and re-installed and still have the same flickering issue. I installed the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel, and it says my driver is up-to-date. I have the Intel HD 10.18.10.4425 and my processor is the Intel Core i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30 GHz. What can I try to stop this flickering?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Does the flickering issue stop if you uninstall the Intel graphics driver?

Have you tested different video cables?

Where does the screen flicker? Do you see the flickering issue when booting up the computer?

Allan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Does the flickering issue stop if you uninstall the Intel graphics driver?

Have you tested different video cables?

Where does the screen flicker? Do you see the flickering issue when booting up the computer?

Allan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Please confirm if you still need assistance with your Intel® graphics controller?

Allan.
0 Kudos
JJenn6
Beginner

It's an all-in-one PC so I don't have any cables. The whole screen flickers (sometimes going completely black for extended periods). Sometimes it happens as soon as I start the computer, other times it takes a few minutes. It does get worse depending on what images are on the screen, For example, the banner with the woman at the top of some Intel screens makes it worse. I have not tried uninstalling the driver and using the computer but I will give that a shot.

ETA: I uninstalled the Intel Graphics Driver and everything seems to be fine now. I guess Intel isn't compatible with Windows 10? I had no problems until then and I'm pretty sure I have had the Intel Graphics driver since I purchased the computer. Oh well Either way, thank you! It's all good now.

0 Kudos