Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Scaling defaults to Center Image using non-Intel display controls

OAbra1
Beginner

Hello Bryce,

I have a similar (but not identical) issue to that described by Picklefork. I made my post here per your request to centralize in the other thread ( ), but please let me know if I should start a new thread.

I have an Acer Z1 all-in-one, with an Intel Celeron N2940 processor, Intel HD graphics driver 10.18.10.4425 (latest), running Windows 10 home, 64-bit, version 1607. The problem is that whenever I change resolution by a method OTHER than Intel's HD Graphics Control Panel (e.g., Windows Control Panel, within an application, within a game, etc.) the scaling ALWAYS defaults to "Center Image" and I end up with big black bars around the image. I can manually fix this by going into "Display Adapter Properties" and switching to "Maintain Display Scaling". However, the next time I try switching to the same resolution, the setting is "forgotten" and defaults to "Center Image" again:

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bryce__Intel
Employee

If you're using the Intel controls and it's not keeping settings, then we would need to investigate. Sounds like our settings are persisting, but non-Intel methods are not persisting. Is that true?

0 Kudos
OAbra1
Beginner

Hi again,

Actually, neither Intel or non-Intel methods are persisting, just in different ways. Non-Intel methods always default to "Center Image", whereas the Intel Graphics Control Panel always defaults to "Maintain Display Scaling" (see screenshot below). Additional issues are: 1) The image on my screen in the "Maintain Display Scaling" mode does not correspond to the preview image, rather, it occupies the entire screen. This is fine for my purposes, but I believe this behavior is more like the "Scale Full Screen" mode. 2) I'm lacking other options typically available: "Scale Full Screen", "Override Application Settings", etc.

0 Kudos