2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2016 12:31 AM by Darien-l Branched from an earlier discussion.

Scaling defaults to Center Image using non-Intel display controls

Darien-l

Hello Bryce,

I have a similar (but not identical) issue to that described by Picklefork. I made my post here per your request to centralize in the other thread (Problem with Z3735F and scaling ), but please let me know if I should start a new thread.

I have an Acer Z1 all-in-one, with an Intel Celeron N2940 processor, Intel HD graphics driver 10.18.10.4425 (latest), running Windows 10 home, 64-bit, version 1607. The problem is that whenever I change resolution by a method OTHER than Intel's HD Graphics Control Panel (e.g., Windows Control Panel, within an application, within a game, etc.) the scaling ALWAYS defaults to "Center Image" and I end up with big black bars around the image. I can manually fix this by going into "Display Adapter Properties" and switching to "Maintain Display Scaling". However, the next time I try switching to the same resolution, the setting is "forgotten" and defaults to "Center Image" again:

graphics_scaling.png