1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 6, 2016 9:58 AM by Intel Corporation

SSD not recognized by NUC´s BIOS (SanDisk SD8SN8U-256-1122 (M.2) on a NUC5i5RYH)

Hi Community,

i´ve got a big problem which has been topic here more than once. But the other threads didn´t help.

- The SanDisk SD8SN8U-256-1122 does not appear in the BIOS of my brand new NUC5i5RYH. The SSD module was installed by the vendor.

Already done:

- Took the SSD circuit board out of the NUC and put it in again.

- Updated BIOS firmware to the current RYBDWi35.86A.0358.2016.0606.1423 version.

- Tried to enable "M.2-PCIe Slot" checkbox, but there´s no checkbox under "Advanced" => "Devices" => "PCI"

- "Chipset SATA Mode" is set to "AHCI"

Those were the hints I collected from the other threads.... :-(

Are there any further suggestions what to try before sending the whole thing back to the vendor?

Thank in advance,

• 1. Re: SSD not recognized by NUC´s BIOS (SanDisk SD8SN8U-256-1122 (M.2) on a NUC5i5RYH)
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hello TomH82:
          Based on the information provided above, the next thing to try will be to swap parts, because it seems to be a hardware problem, but it could be the NUC itself, or it could be the SSD.
          If you press F10 several times when the NUC is starting up, you should get a boot menu, the SSD should be there.
          Did it work fine before?
          Do you have the option to use another SSD?
          Do you have the option to test the SSD on a different PC?
          Maybe there is a PC repair store close to you, and they might be able to do that for you.
          Try to restore the BIOS to defaults.
          The NUC has 3 years of warranty, so, just to let you know, we can replace it for you as well, you mentioned the vendor will do that for you, but I wanted to let you know about that just in case.
          If you are interested in the replacement, please get in contact directly with us through chat, email, phone or online support, you just need to select NUC on product type and you will get those options:
          Any questions, please let me know.