5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2010 8:28 AM by xB2Spiritx

The Support Engineer smaple(ES) CPU about DX58SO

seenew

Excuse me, I have a simple question...

The DX58SO can be support engineer smaple(ES) version cpu well?

I mean is can be enter bios screen....

Like i7 920(ES) series or  other Xeon 5530(ES) series....

Please help me , thanks a lot...

• 1. Re: The Support Engineer smaple(ES) CPU about DX58SO
          Cpt.Dogfruit

There is no reason why not, the real issue is why do you have an ES?? it is illegal for them to be sold at all. ES are for intel internal purposes and for their partners who are given them to test and show off future products.

• 2. Re: The Support Engineer smaple(ES) CPU about DX58SO
            xB2Spiritx

I agree with capt..

i ever work in a Intel primier company. they have intel ES sample.. and i hate to admit that i love the results achieve by the ES. but the ES is way to dangerous. it might redered your mainboard damage if anything go work.

so i recommend do not use ES. although ES is good in some ways, but still. i recommend you getting a Original INTEl Processor..

• 3. Re: The Support Engineer smaple(ES) CPU about DX58SO
              seenew

Thanks Cpt.Dogfruit and xB2Spiritx.

I have a Intel DX58SO...and I will buy a i7 processor to upgrade my pc.

That's my first time to use Intel mainboard.

I ever used some kind of mainboard, like Asus ,Gigabyte, Abit. MSI.....

And one day I talking about Intel mainboard with my friend..

He is a engineer like me.

He think the Intel board can't boot(no screen, no post) with any ES cpu and newest cpu like i7 930, 950...(must wait new version bios)

And Asus or MSI is support newest cpu or ES cpu more better...(use older bios, may be incorrect cpu type at bios screen, but it's can boot and work)

I confuse about my friend think... 

I think Intel mainboard should be support intel newest cpu best.

So I post my question and apply help...

I hope may be some friend can give me the answer.....

Thanks a lot.....

• 4. Re: The Support Engineer smaple(ES) CPU about DX58SO
                Cpt.Dogfruit

I am sorry but i really don't understand what your question is, maybe someone else can.....

• 5. Re: The Support Engineer smaple(ES) CPU about DX58SO
                  xB2Spiritx

the difference between Intel Original Mainboard and Asus, Gigabyte and etc is.

i rated them as 3rd party. because Asus, Gigabyte and etc are buying intel chipsets. and they are manufactoring their own mainboard. so thats why their mainboard is far more powerful than Intel Original.

in my life, my Intel Dp35Dp, 965LTCK, 946gzis are my favourite boards

I rate intel as 1st party because they manufactor Processor and the mainboard which certify Intel Original Processor and Intel Original Mainboard = THE BEST PC I HAVE IN MY LIFE .

if that enginner is saying that ES processor works on Asus, Gigabyte and etc are better than working on Intel Original mainboard.. go ahead.

those people who are in the IT line for more that 10 years would certify that the "engineer" is crapping.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

all bios filmware release in the download page are tested with the specific processor model given.

check your mainboard which processor can it use and get it..

no point using any ES..