Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14575 Discussions

ITBM Driver Not Available Exiting Application:

idata
Employee

Something has happened to my intel turbo boost 3.0. It crashed and I can't open it, can't uninstall it and can't reinstall it. When i uninstall the reboot windows message immediately pops up without delay. I reboot, but nothing at all changes. I get this message every time i boot up or try to open the turbo boost control panel. "ITBM Drive Not Available Exiting Application". This intel FAQ link, specifically shows my error, BUT DOES NOTHING AT ALL to help me fix it!!!! http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000021587.html Frequently Asked Questions about Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 When i download the newest driver from intels site it says that my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements. It is a brand spanking new 6850k processor and x99 board, so that isn't right. I have refreshed over and over windows update, it is fully up to date. Rebooted over and over, same error every time. I don't even know if i want this software installed if it is this flaky, so can someone at least help me figure out how to uninstall and stop these popups?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi RKA,

Let me investigate about this, regards to that could you please attach the result of the Intel® System Support Utility, in order to collect more information about your system configuration?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Using Reason Core Security, I was able to disable Turbo Boost Driver from startup. I still haven't been able to uninstall it though or able to install new.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi RKA,

Let's do some tests, could you please update the BIOS, then try the installation; if you are still getting the error message I recommend you to deactivate Reason Core Security, and try the installation.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X99A-GAMING-PRO-CARBON.html# support_download Support For X99A GAMING PRO CARBON | MSI Global | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design

Please let me know the outcome.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi RKA,

Thought I would just check in and find out if you were able to resolve this problem.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

"ITBM driver not available exiting application"

"You may see the following error message if the software application is launched, but the driver is not installed successfully. Unsuccessful installation may occur when a user performs a plug-and-play uninstall of the driver with the application running in the background."

This is extracted from Frequently Asked Questions about Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0.

i'm having this error.but what/where is the solution? so,you acknowledge and aware of this issue but you are punishing people that perform a plug-and-play uninstall of the driver with the application running in the background?why would i uninstall it if it was working in the first place!! is there a solution?

How on earth can we completely uninstall this program so we can install it again?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

My problem was resolved after I updated the BIOS. I don't think it matters, but my BIOS had a password, but surely that wasn't the issue. Regardless, you might try going into your bios and turning the TBMT on or off. After my bios update, i was able to reinstall the software without issue.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Sammuslmani,

The suggestion is to update the BIOS and chipset driver of your motherboard.

Mike C

0 Kudos
DSath
Beginner

I have updated the Bios and the chipset. But having the same error.

Is there any other option to fix it?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Dinil.Sathar:

If you tried the troubleshoot steps provided previously on this thread, and the problem persists, then for us to be able to start an investigation on this subject, please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for that is that every scenario is different, even if the same product is being used, so, for us to further assist you and also in order for us to help you with the specific problem the PC might have, please submit a new thread.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos