2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2016 6:33 PM by Intel Corporation

Completely unisntall chipset

JoseGreer

I have an Nvidia card and the Intel 5500 chip set.  I want to COMPLETELY uninstall the chip set and prevent windows 10 from reacquiring the driver.  I only want to use my Nvidia card.  Every time I uninstall the driver, when I reboot it's back.

• 1. Re: Completely unisntall chipset
          Al Hill

The chipset inf is not a driver.  Rather, it defines the names for devices you have, which in turn find the proper driver.  it sounds like you have a desktop with both Intel and NVidia operating concurrently.

Let's say that you have just uninstalled the  graphics driver.  You can use the WUShowHide https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930  to prevent the driver from being re-installed.

I would also check the bios to see if you can disable the Intel graphics.

Doc

• 2. Re: Completely unisntall chipset
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello:

Thank you very much to Al Hill for the information posted previously.

To JoseGreer:

I hope the information posted above was useful for you, I just wanted to confirm it as correct and by following those instructions you will able to remove the chipset driver.

Regards

Alberto