Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

GPU Usage % drops to 0-10 while gameplaying either Online or Offline game. Goes from 100-120-150fps (whatever the config I select) down to 5 or 0 (freezes) for a few seconds.

JFrut1
Beginner

I will leave Pc DxDiag specs, for further information. (I tested GPU drops with FurMark in order to establish that the error is not hardware. The stress test ran perfectly and no drop was recognized (was ran for about 2 hours) )

0 Kudos
22 Replies
JFrut1
Beginner

Update. I ran the Inte Processor Diagnostic Tool, and passed every test.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Joafru:

What are the names of the games that you are running?

Can you please attach the report from Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool?

In the meantime try the following updates;

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
JFrut1
Beginner

Games I am running:

-Counter Strike 1.6

-Counter Strike Global Offensive

-Ghost in the shell stand alone complex first assault Online

-Riders of Icarius

-Skyrim

-Left 4 Dead 2

-Battlefield 3

-CoD 2

How can I attach you the report from the tool? I cannot see a button but to copy all and paste it here...

# Edit ... nevermind, found it...

I attached it, have a look.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the report.

Were you able to install the latest BIOS from HP? Please give it a try and install version F.23, see the link on my previous post.

Is there any change you can disable the Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology? See here for the instructions on how to enable it http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000005723.html Frequently Asked Questions about Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology... .

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, /thread/106002 Joafru:

I am following up your thread and wanted to know if you were able to follow the suggestion mentioned above.

Let me know your findings.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
JFrut1
Beginner

i haven't had the time to try out all. I will update as soon as I can,.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure, take your time and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
JFrut1
Beginner

It wont let me update the bios.Attaching the image.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/106002 Joafru,

Try installing the .exe version; once you click on the link, choose "Download only".

Were you able to disable Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
JFrut1
Beginner

No, I was not, I didn't even know where to start. Beg your pardon.

Downloaded the .exe version, same problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

See "How do I use Enhanced Intel Speedstep® Technology?" in the following link http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000005723.html Frequently Asked Questions about Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology... .

Updating the BIOS version might fix the issue, so it would be a good a idea getting in contact with HP in order to update it.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/106002 Joafru,

Were you able to disable the Enhanced Intel Speedstep® Technology? What about the BIOS? Were you able to update it?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
JFrut1
Beginner

Hello Amy, I really appreciate your time for this matter. I haven't been able to disable the Enhanced Intel Speedstep® Technology or calling HP in order to update de Bios, it requires time, and I am at the moment preparing for exams, I really love how you are responding to me and all your time spent into it, thus I am extremely sorry I can't do anything else, I just need more time.

Whenever I can, I will call HP and try to disable Enhanced Intel Speedstep® Technology

Cordially,

Joaquín

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Joaquín,

Not a problem, take your time. You can always reply back and I will assist you.

Good luck in your exams.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
JFrut1
Beginner

I updated the Bios to F.16 rev A ( the newest I could update, HP did it for me through teamviewer ) , and I couldn't disable "Enhanced Intel Speedstep® Technology" Because It did not appear in the Bios whatsoever. And the problem persists, same as always, from time to time my fps drops from 120 to 5 aprox. for about 3 - 6 seconds.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Try disabling from the Windows Power options, see here for the steps http://superuser.com/questions/725755/how-to-turn-off-speedstep-in-windows-7 cpu - How to turn off SpeedStep in Windows 7? - Super User, see post # 1.

The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
JFrut1
Beginner

Well, the problem has been parcially resolved, It does not drop to 5fps so often now, I changed some graphic gard settings, besides doing the power stuff.... I could say it is solved now, comparing the initial premise, still, I would wait a week for further tests... nevertheless , thanks for the amazing support amy

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure, you're welcome.

Keep on testing it, and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
JFrut1
Beginner

Well.. the problem persists, might've been my imagination.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am sorry to hear that.

From my end, you have done all the possible troubleshooting steps but the issue still persists. The next thing to do would be getting in contact with HP, it's possible that they are aware of the issue and can provide more troubleshooting steps and workarounds. In your case, if this were not an OEM system I would recommend the replacement of the unit; however, you have to get in contact with HP in order to address this matter, and this is because the processor in your laptop is called a tray processor and the warranty for this type of processor is handled by the computer manufacturer.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos