3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2016 11:12 AM by Intel Corporation

Extreme Tuning Utility not showing advanced tuning

dcheser698

I have the dz77ga-70k board and i72600-k cpu.

Intel Extreme Tuning Utility will now show or allow advanced tuning.?????

• 1. Re: Extreme Tuning Utility not showing advanced tuning
          N.Scott.Pearson

That's correct; if you want the advanced tuning capabilities, you need a 3rd generation Core processor. While the 7 Series boards retained support for using 2nd generation Core processors, their support for overclocking them was limited.

Sorry,

...S

• 2. Re: Extreme Tuning Utility not showing advanced tuning
            dcheser698

can i still use manual tuning within the bios. i have not done a lot of overclocking period and no overclocking on this board as of yet. I had this processor (2600k) in an asus p8p67 board and overclocked with it and was able to get processor to stable 4.6ghz using a water cooling system. . i just recently bought this board. i download the performace tuning guide pdf and have read through it. The guide seems to be written for use with 3rd generation processor, but will i be able to overclock using the second generation (2600k) or will there be issues because of using 2nd gen cpu and 3rd gen board ?

my overclocking skills are very beginner but i do try to read and/or research before attempting anything. i wish it was as simple as all board overclocked the same but i know thats wishful thinking. i would just like to see what i can get out of my current setup then back it off some to a stable but overclocked setting. am i doing anything that requires me to need more performance that it currently offers?  NO, but its like a buying a sports car and then seeing what i can do to make it faster,,,lol

• 3. Re: Extreme Tuning Utility not showing advanced tuning
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Please bear in mind that Intel does not provide support for overclocking but you can get some
              information about it below:
              http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/overclocking-intel-processors.html

Great comment from Scott, thank you. 

Allan.