Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

What does IO do? Do I install IO drivers for my 2in1 tablet?

uutku
Beginner

I have and intel core m with hd graph 5300 2in1 tablet. I have a problem with battery. Battery drains while shutdown. And I think its related to IO drivers of intel. Do I really need these drivers?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Utkx,

Please confirm if your question is related to an Intel® Wireless Adapter, if it is not, provide any additional information that can help us route your request to the proper resource.

Based on your description, you may be referring to the Intel® Serial IO Driver. If this is the case, keep in mind that this driver is used by the system to interact with various Input / Output devices, such as host controllers, peripherals, etc. You might want to check with your http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html Computer Manufacturer Support which devices in your PC require this driver, and also about the issue of Battery draining.

Regards,

Jonathan
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

We haven't received any updates about this. Please let us know if you require additional assistance.
0 Kudos