Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7438 Discussions

Problems with uninstalling (and installing) Proset wireless

EEvge4
Beginner

I tried to uninslall an old version of intel ProSet (14.3.1.1 driver version, Intel Wireless-N100) using Microsoft Fix It, because it always showed an arror (uninstallBTHSManagerService.93C36222_AF02_47D), when i was trying to delete it using standart Windows 7 tools. As a result Microsoft fix It tool said thet my problems was solved. But i still have the same driver version? i can't delete it because there is no "intel proset" in standart Windows application for deleting and reinstalling. Intel Driver Update Utility can't help - Wireless_16.11.0_s64.exe doesn't want to inslall the latest driver.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello zxmn,

As we understand, your system is having install/uninstall problems with Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software. This may be caused by different reasons (corrupt drivers/software, OS issues, viruses, etc).

Please try the regular process used to do a clean installation of the Wireless driver and software:

1. As first option, download the Wireless drivers from the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html Computer Manufacturer Support. Or try the generic version from Intel® Download Center.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25203/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7-?product=59478 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7* [18.12.0]

If you have Windows 7* 32-bit:

DRIVERS ONLY: Wireless_18.12.0_Ds32.exe

Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software (includes drivers): Wireless_18.12.0_s32.exe

If you have Windows 7* 64-bit:

DRIVERS ONLY: Wireless_18.12.0_Ds64.exe

Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software (includes Drivers): Wireless_18.12.0_s64.exe

2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 100 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older wireless driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

5. Install the Intel Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all driver components.

If the issue persists, we would need to know the exact process you are using to remove the drivers, and details of the errors you receive.

Regards,

Jonathan
EEvge4
Beginner

I downloaded Wireless_18.12.0_Ds64.exe and now driver version is 15.11.0.9 (was 14.3.1.1). But i can't install Wireless_18.12.0_s64.exe It failed when i run it:

Сигнатура проблемы:

Имя события проблемы: CLR20r3

Сигнатура проблемы 01: setup.exe

Сигнатура проблемы 02: 18.12.0.0

Сигнатура проблемы 03: 5044b448

Сигнатура проблемы 04: MWGBootstrapper

Сигнатура проблемы 05: 1.0.1.0

Сигнатура проблемы 06: 558af533

Сигнатура проблемы 07: 268

Сигнатура проблемы 08: 10

Сигнатура проблемы 09: System.NullReferenceException

Версия ОС: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.2

Код языка: 1049

Дополнительные сведения 1: 0a9e

Дополнительные сведения 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Дополнительные сведения 3: 0a9e

Дополнительные сведения 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Ознакомьтесь с заявлением о конфиденциальности в Интернете:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/%3Flinkid%3D104288%26clcid%3D0x0419 http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0419

Если заявление о конфиденциальности в Интернете недоступно, ознакомьтесь с его локальным вариантом:

C:\Windows\system32\ru-RU\erofflps.txt

The old version of the software was uninstalled uncorrectly. I still have 'Intel my Wifi' icon in Control Panel and some other places. But not in Programs and Features.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello zxmn,

Based on your comments, the driver component was updated correctly, however, there seems to be an issue with the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software.

There may be an OS issue, corrupt application, or registry problem preventing you from removing or installing the software. We do not have many options left since the application is no longer shown in Windows* Programs and features, and you already tried Microsoft tools to fix it.

In this case you might want to consider taking the system to a previous state, or restoring the OS, there may also be 3rd party tools that can help you fix OS problems. We advise you to check with the OS Support team for assistance as well.
0 Kudos