1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2016 12:58 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel i5 2500k 3 active core 1 core failed. Dual channel memory setup failed to post on working non dual channel

nathan

Hi Support Team,

Recently i encountered the I5 2500k failed to boot windows with only MCE error. Even Linux have kernel panic.

Once i replaced CPU cooler suspecting the cooling issue could be one of the cause but even though its not as it was stable 40-50 deg.

But i was seaching for forums and reply and many replied replacing the cpu which is no option for me as i am out of the 3 year std . Even though tuning performance package available i am away from 3 year period.

I cant get a replacement now.

When i got the replacement CORSAIR h100i v2 liquid cooler . I tried with 2 cores bang it worked and i restore the windows 10 image and rebooted with 3 cores and bang it worked again.

Now with 4 core boom its again mce error. so 1 core failed.

I was troubleshooting while encountererd that 2 of 4 sticks failed

I test each module to see which will post and 2 post of 4.

But the memory post dont work in dual channel May be the wrong cas though the freq is 1600mhz. As one is very old and one is 1 year old.

But is the failed core has anything to do with dual channel operation

Under what circumstances a memory wont post in dual channel.

1 2 Previous Next