Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

My laptop ASUS ZENBOOK UX32VD display automatically changes depending on a contrasting images, without brightness.

idata
Employee

My laptop ASUS ZENBOOK UX32VD display automatically changes depending on a contrasting images, without brightness. I noticed that this occurs as a consequence of the work Intel graphics, which makes it to save the battery. This option is available to turn off only when running on battery power, but even if it is off there, the contrast is constantly changing, how to disable it?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi mikhailko,

The operating system controls the brightness of your computer; from our graphics control panel this feature is not available.

If you have Windows 10 I suggest you this workaround:

-Right click Windows 10 icon, select Power Options

-You can select between Balanced or High Performance. In your case, it is better High

-In the right hand of High Performance in blue, you will see the option "Change plan settings"

-The next window shows the option to change the brightness, select what you want and click "Change advanced settings" in blue.

-From the new window search and change the settings for Display brightness, Dimmed display brightness and Enable adaptive brightness

I sent you a picture.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have windows 8. The point is not in the display brightness, contrast in the case. I attach a screenshot for clarity. Though even this option is disabled, but the contrast is still changing. This is when I disconnect or connect the charging, if the option is reset.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi mikhailko,

In regards to your issue, I suggest you the following workaround for Windows 8. Disable the option at Intel control panel then Disable adaptive brightness to correct dim screen on a Windows 8 or Windows 10 portable device. Also, change power and Display options.

This Dell's article is helpful on how to Disable adaptive brightness

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/SLN287324 http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/SLN287324

Mike C
0 Kudos