Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series chipset family.

JYang52
Beginner

My mobile intel 4 series code 31 cant detect my GPU and built in graphic card isn't working it wrote code 31 how may i solve this problem. My dxdiag wrote that is N/A. Please help me solve this problem. Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123# bookmark-31 From Microsoft's support site for error codes:

Code 31

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Recommended resolution

Update the driver

In the device's Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard. Follow the instructions to update the driver.

Note You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. Windows may have the driver built-in, or may still have the driver files installed from the last time that you set up the device. However, sometimes, it will open the New Hardware Wizard which may ask for the driver. If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor's website.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi mobile,

You are getting the error code 31 while trying to install the graphics driver. Let me know the brand name and model of your laptop as well the current operating system version.

I would verify which the latest graphics version is and will send it to you.

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi mobile,

I am following up on your case. Let me know if you still need assistance.

Mike C
0 Kudos