Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Have 8gb of ram but detected video ram at 32mb

bbear2
Novice

I have a Hp Pavilion desktop HP p7-1120 windows 10

Like the title says i have 8gb of ram but only 32mb of detected video ram which sucks.

I am wondering if there is a way to increase my detected video ram.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Unless there is a setting in the HP BIOS, you cannot. Please look at post # 2 in this thread:

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, bearwwe:

Thank you for joining the Graphics Community.

As mentioned before in order to set this parameter your BIOS must have option to increase it. The post mentioned before (post # 2) is from one of our graphics engineer, I believe that it answers your inquiry; however, if you need further assistance let me know.

Regards,

Amy.

bbear2
Novice

How do I enter my bios screen then? I did the F1 trick and got to a screen but no where to change the dedicated video ram. I also tried pressing delete and and f11 none of them worked

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am not familiar with the BIOS configuration from your laptop, I believe this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r97HBlVNyz8 Hp p7 BIOS - YouTube can help you to access the BIOS. If the options is not available is likely that your computer manufacturer has already configured the system to use the maximum amount of graphics memory that is possible for your particular computer model.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
bbear2
Novice

Thanks Amy but I'm on windows 10 and don't have to option which are in that video also it also doesn't show how to increase detected video ram

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am afraid that if there is no option to available in your BIOS configuration, the video RAM cannot be increased.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos