5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2016 2:39 PM by Intel Corporation

i5 4570 temps

Suporet

Hello people, i have got a situation.

I cleaned my i5 4570 with stock cooler yesterday since it had some dust and had been almost a year since the last time I cleaned it. I was curious about my CPU temps so I ran Core Temp. I was getting about 50 °C idle and +- 73 °C while playing The Withcher 3 1080p maxed for about and hour. I don’t have data before I cleaned my PC.

I did not remove the cooler. GPU temps are fine. I also checked the BIOS and sad that CPU temp was at +- 31 °C while starting.

Are this temperatures ok, or they are a little high? What should I do if those temps are to high?

• 1. Re: i5 4570 temps
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello, Suporet:

The maximum temperature for your processor is 72.72°C, any number under that parameter is completely fine. Now, could you please take a screenshot of the Core Temp while playing the game?

When was the last time you re-applied thermal grease to your processor?

Are you setting your cooler to max speed?

Regards,

Amy.

• 2. Re: i5 4570 temps
            Suporet

Thanks for your reply Amy.

I bought this CPU 2 years ago and since then I have never re-applied the thermal paste. Currently the fan is running at turbo, the highest option available on Bios.

I took 2 screen shot, one was taken 10 minutes after I started playing and I took the second one an hour after that.

After 10 minutes.pngAfter one hour.png

Please let me know if you need more information.

• 3. Re: i5 4570 temps
              Intel Corporation

Thank for the screenshots.

Tj Max temperature for your processor is 100°C, the temperatures on the screenshots are expected, as long as they stay under 100°C your system would be fine.

For further reference on temperatures visit Desktop 4th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors Datasheet, Vol. 1 

Regards,

Amy.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: i5 4570 temps
                Suporet

Thanks for your help.

Edit:

If someone comes across this post and has the same "issue".

I re-applied the thermal paste on my computer's CPU today and my system temps lowered by about 10 °C. Looks like 2 years old thermal paste will never be as efficient as a brand new paste so please consider re-applying thermal paste to your CPU.

• 5. Re: i5 4570 temps
                  Intel Corporation

Sure, you're welcome.

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,
                  Amy.