Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14537 Discussions

i5 4570 temps

MMaur7
Beginner

Hello people, i have got a situation.

I cleaned my i5 4570 with stock cooler yesterday since it had some dust and had been almost a year since the last time I cleaned it. I was curious about my CPU temps so I ran Core Temp. I was getting about 50 °C idle and +- 73 °C while playing The Withcher 3 1080p maxed for about and hour. I don't have data before I cleaned my PC.

I did not remove the cooler. GPU temps are fine. I also checked the BIOS and sad that CPU temp was at +- 31 °C while starting.

Are this temperatures ok, or they are a little high? What should I do if those temps are to high?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, Suporet:

The maximum temperature for your processor is 72.72°C, any number under that parameter is completely fine. Now, could you please take a screenshot of the Core Temp while playing the game?

When was the last time you re-applied thermal grease to your processor?

Are you setting your cooler to max speed?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MMaur7
Beginner

Thanks for your reply Amy.

I bought this CPU 2 years ago and since then I have never re-applied the thermal paste. Currently the fan is running at turbo, the highest option available on Bios.

I took 2 screen shot, one was taken 10 minutes after I started playing and I took the second one an hour after that.

Please let me know if you need more information.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank for the screenshots.

Tj Max temperature for your processor is 100°C, the temperatures on the screenshots are expected, as long as they stay under 100°C your system would be fine.

For further reference on temperatures visit http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/4th-gen-core-family-desktop-vol-1-datasheet.html Desktop 4th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors Datasheet, Vol. 1

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MMaur7
Beginner

Thanks for your help.

Edit:

If someone comes across this post and has the same "issue".

I re-applied the thermal paste on my computer's CPU today and my system temps lowered by about 10 °C. Looks like 2 years old thermal paste will never be as efficient as a brand new paste so please consider re-applying thermal paste to your CPU.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure, you're welcome.

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos