Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14543 Discussions

Any of Xeon E5-26xx v4 family is MCM?

WWayn
Beginner

I'm looking into oracledb licensing and would like to know if any of the processors in E5 26xx v4 is in multiple chips. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ronny_G_Intel

Hello,

I work for Intel Customer Support and I can confirm that Xeon processors and specfifically in this case Xeon E5-26xx v4 family is single die processors.

You are probably asking about this due to licensing, the answer is single die.

Thanks,

Ronny G

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Twain:

In order to provide the most accurate answer to your question, we just wanted to check a few details:

Do you need that information for a specific model of the Xeon 2600 v4 family?

If that is the case, could you please provide that model?

Otherwise we will try to provide the information in regard to the whole family.

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto
0 Kudos
WWayn
Beginner

Hi Alberto,

Thank you very much. At the moment, we are not specific to any particular models. Grateful if you can provide the information in regard to the whole family.

Regards,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Twain:

Perfect no problem at all, we will try to get that information for the whole family.

As soon as I get any information or updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel

Hello,

I work for Intel Customer Support and I can confirm that Xeon processors and specfifically in this case Xeon E5-26xx v4 family is single die processors.

You are probably asking about this due to licensing, the answer is single die.

Thanks,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I would like to follow up this question. We would like to use the processor: Version: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 0 @ 2.30GHz

I guess it's version "0"? Does this processor also have one single die? We need the information - surprise, suprise - to be compliant with Oracle SE or maybe in future SE2.

Thanks and regards,

tb

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel

Hello,

Yes, the http://ark.intel.com/products/64593/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-2630-15M-Cache-2_30-GHz-7_20-GTs-Intel-QPI Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2630 (15M Cache, 2.30 GHz, 7.20 GT/s Intel® QPI) is single die.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ronny,

thank you for the answer. It isn't possible to read this information out of the specs, is it?

Regards,

tb

0 Kudos