6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2016 6:41 AM by Intel Corporation

NUC6i3SYB - Reboots after 5mins

MartinBishop

Hi,

Windows 10, newest BIOS etc installed, all drivers are up to date.

After 5-7mins our NUC6i3SYB just restarts into the BIOS Select Screen ( press xy for BIOS, press N for continue ).

There is NO evidence in any logfile why this happends, any suggestions ?

• 1. Re: NUC6i3SYB - Reboots after 5mins
          K24A3

Hi

Does Windows show the "shutting down Windows" screen for a few seconds and then reboot?

Or is it an instant reboot with no windows shutdown screen?

• 2. Re: NUC6i3SYB - Reboots after 5mins
            someITguy

I'm actually having this same issue but with the 6i3syh and at a much large time period. it happens about once a day when I've had it staged. I've upgraded all the drivers and the bios so ill see how that goes. Nothing stand out to me in event viewer. just see the standard unexpected shutdown event.

• 3. Re: NUC6i3SYB - Reboots after 5mins
              K24A3

Instant reboots can be caused by:

- Bad driver. Try disabling various devices in device manager. Wifi, card reader, audio, etc.. update all the drivers.

- BSOD event with auto restart enabled. Download and run BlueScreenView to easily view the BSOD's.

- BIOS issue. Try setting defaults, ensure BIOS is the latest version.

- RAM fault. Run Memtest86, and test with just one Module in the bottom slot. Then test with the other module in the bottom slot.

- Overclocking. Revert back to normal speeds if you are overclocking.

- OS system file corruption. Try a Windows Refresh/Reset, or a reload, or test a fresh install on a spare SSD.

- USB devices, try unplugging them.

- Mainboard or CPU failure.

• 4. Re: NUC6i3SYB - Reboots after 5mins
                MartinBishop

Does Windows show the "shutting down Windows" screen for a few seconds and then reboot?

Or is it an instant reboot with no windows shutdown screen?

Instant reboot, without any notification.

I'm actually having this same issue but with the 6i3syh and at a much large time period. it happens about once a day when I've had it staged. I've upgraded all the drivers and the bios so ill see how that goes. Nothing stand out to me in event viewer. just see the standard unexpected shutdown event.

We have created an image which we deploy via WDS. the same image on the same NUCs but different problems.

It seems that there is no actual correlation between 3rd party hardware/OS. those NUCs are just not working.

• 5. Re: NUC6i3SYB - Reboots after 5mins
                  Intel Corporation
                  This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hello, MartinBishop:           

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your NUC. 

I would like to gather some information in order to address this matter, so please download the Download Intel® System Support Utility, and attach it.

Regards,

Amy.

• 6. Re: NUC6i3SYB - Reboots after 5mins
                    Intel Corporation
                    This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hello, MartinBishop:           

I am following up your case; do you still require assistance with your NUC? If yes, please reply back with the information requested above.

Regards,

Amy.