Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel HD 4600 drivers install error on Windows 10 Redstone 1 v1607 (Anniversary update) ThinkPad dual graphic

VVedr
Beginner

Hello I start to XP serious driver problem on my ThinkPad Edge E540 with dual graphic (Intel HD4600/GeForce 740M) after Windows install v1607 update. Intel HD drivers cannot be installed on any way I always get error nVidia drivers can be installed and work well. I try to install intel drivers on all this way:

1 Windows update work very long and return error 0x800705b4

2 Lenovo system update won't install

3 Manually downloaded your drivers v... 4463,..4464 and 4474 beta always say that setup find error and exit

4 Your download utility v2.6 it cannot find my Intel graphic adapter

Look shots

Please Help!

0 Kudos
18 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Veco359,

I suggest you to do the following. Right click Windows 10 icon (lower left on your display), select Programs and Feautes; from the new window uninstall and delete the current graphics drivers (both Intel and Nvidia). Then, restart your computer.

Pre-build systems require custom drivers, it is better to install the drivers provided by Lenovo website. The latest tested Intel driver is 4416 and Nvidia 5435/4240

http://support.lenovo.com/cr/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/ThinkPad-Edge-laptops/ThinkPad-Edge-E540?tabName=Downloads&linkTrack=Mast:SubNav:Support:Drivers%20and%20Software|Drivers%20and%20Software&beta=false http://support.lenovo.com/cr/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/ThinkPad-Edge-laptops/ThinkPad-Edge-E540?tabName=Downloads&linkTrack=Mast:SubNav:Support:Drivers%20and%20Software|Drivers%20and%20Software&beta=false

Verify if your laptop has already the latest BIOS and chipset driver.

The latest generic driver for HD 4600 is 4463 (Win10); if you want to give it a try, follow the steps below:

Manual installation:

1-Download the zip file of the driver from downloadcenter, unzip and keep file in the desktop.

2-Turn Internet connection off

3-Go to device manager>Display Adapter, right click Intel HD graphics and select uninstall driver (check delete box)

4-Restart the computer

5-Go to device manager>Display Adapter, right click over Microsoft generic driver select Update driver, browse search for graphics folder at desktop (step 1)

6-Restart system and review graphics driver version installed from device manager or Graphics control Panel.

Windows® 10 graphics driver v.4463

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26079/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?product=81496 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26079/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?product=81496

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
VVedr
Beginner

Hi Mike, thank you for answer

I follow your first instructions and update BIOS first at last revision 2.23 I have 2.22! Uninstall nVidia driver (I don't have Intel driver in system) then downloaded & installed Lenovo Video drivers 435MB big package but on end I have same results (nVidia ones are installed successfully but your (Intel not). maybe is problem in Microsoft basic display adapter driver which is beta revision according of GPU-Z

Look

Now I going to try your last suggestion...

0 Kudos
VVedr
Beginner

I try also and second part of your suggestion and no luck I also uninstalled Microsoft driver and disable my Anti Virus ESET Internet Security before trying

Look

I also post topic at Microsoft and Lenovo forums on Microsoft one I got an suggestion (I tried it with no effect) on Lenovo I didn't get any suggestion yet

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Veco359,

Hybrid technology is disabled only the Nvidia graphics are working in your system. I suggest you to install the application Lenovo ThinkVantage System Update; it will scan and install the latest drivers and BIOS for your computer.

Mike C

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Veco359,

You can download it from the link below:

ThinkVantage System Update for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit), 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit), 8 (32-bit, 64-bit), 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - Desktop, Notebook, Workstation

http://support.lenovo.com/cr/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/ThinkPad-Edge-laptops/ThinkPad-Edge-E540/downloads/DS012808

Mike C

0 Kudos
VVedr
Beginner

I want to inform you that I resolve my graphic driver install problem on this way:

1. I uninstall nVidia drivers with DDU program in safe mode
  2. Then I try to install Lenovo graphic driver package from safe mode and it been successful your Intel drivers on this way been installed on my notebook without problem
  3. I find that nVidia drivers cannot be installed from safe mode and I run setup of it from Lenovo driver package from normal Windows

Now everything works well but Microsoft update warn me that it have update for your drivers I didn't hit on install yet

I will inform about result

Cheers

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Veco359,

I appreciated your feedback.

Keep us posted with your findings.

Mike C

0 Kudos
VVedr
Beginner

Sorry for delay of answer

Microsoft update of your drivers still give me error. + I always must install OEM lenovo version of your driver from Safe Mode first I going to install a fresh version of Anniversary Version of Windows10 and I will inform how things going after it (For now I have Windows 10 Anniversary update which is installed via Windows Update)

Intel I would give you an suggestion

Start works on deeper cooperation with notebooks OEM and AMD & nVIdia on productions of better drivers which will work on all machines (OEMs don't update its graphic drivers to date and this is important to us games)

What you think are good idea to ask nVidia for suggestion too about my problem?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Veco359,

Thank you for your update. I will be waiting for your results. It is a good idea to request some assistance to Nvidia too.

Mike C

0 Kudos
VVedr
Beginner

Things going very odd on my machine after I made fresh install of Windows 10 Anniversary Edition + updates I find that your drivers now work without problem on my notebook but now nVidia ones makes problems Nvidia Control Panel won't to be open both generic and OEM look:

and when I try to open nVidia Control Panel I got this

I Gonna to be crazy!!!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Veco359,

Thank you for the outcome provided.

Did you install the Intel HD Graphics drivers first, then the NVIDIA drivers?

You could also disable the Intel HD Graphics from device manager, then install the NVIDIA drivers and check performance.

Here the latest for Intel HD Graphics 4600: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26347/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88345 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26347/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88345

Here the latest from NVIDIA: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/108322 http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/108322

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
VVedr
Beginner

I uninstalled all drivers and try to install driver from your link and things become only more wired/odd look

Yes I always install your drivers first then nVidia ones

Intel can you (your hardware/software expert) connect with my PC with TeamViwer or someone else program and take look yourself?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Veco359,

Please check your inbox, I just sent a DM to you 🙂

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Veco359,

I would like to confirm if you received the Private message sent to you related to this matter.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
VVedr
Beginner

Sorry that I didn't answer I waiting feedback from nVidia. Now nVidia research my error so I have in plan give you feedback information after nVidia give me its option of my error. Now I can install nVidia driver 353.68 via Windows update and it works without any Control Panel error but if I try install any other version got its Control panel error. I inform nVidia about it.

Yes I contact Intel expert but we cant find find solution Its think that this problem is windows related not Intel (registry or something similar I forget to say your expert that he can take my registry copy for study). I resolved Intel driver issue with safe mod installing of it. You know It is strange if registry made these errors because I have fresh installation with only few additional programs.

Here is NVidia mail after chat it don't have remote control so we work in steps and I send it pictures of every step what happen it take all my system info and DxDiag

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Veco359,

Thank you for the answer!

Just to double check, you were able to fix the issue by installing the drivers in safe mode? (Intel drivers).

It is good to hear you reach out NVidia* to get that issue handled.

Please keep me updated with the status of your inquiry.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
VVedr
Beginner

Yes I able to install intel drivers in safe mod. then old nVidia one via Windows Update look

Look this is my list of installed programs nothing odd and strange I didn't install which can damage registry + I almost don't use notebook due this drivers problems so i don't know how registry can become corrupted

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Veco359 ,

Thank you very much for the update provided related to the drivers being installed in your system.

I hope you can get the system working as desired after getting feedback from NVidia*

In case you face further issues related to Intel HD Graphics, feel free to reach us out.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos