As we understand, your system is losing WiFi connectivity when you use your Bluetooth* wireless mouse. There are different factors that may be involved in this type of issue, please check the following as they may help:
- Contact the Computer Manufacturer Support and make sure you are using their latest drivers for WiFi and Bluetooth.
- As second option you can try the generic versions from our download center:
- Confirm with the system manufacturer that you are using the latest BIOS version for your motherboard.
- Apply the configuration from the advisory: Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity.
Let us know if this helps, or in case the issue persists.
1. It just stop work after update Windows 10 Version 1607
2. All driver is latest version, tried 19.10, 19.01, 18.33
3. All config fileld is default value
Please let us know if you were able to check with the Computer Manufacturer regarding BIOS and driver updates.
For additional recommendations, please Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool and use it to create and save a report with all sections, then you can use the Advanced editor options to attach the resulting file to this thread.
Also, we would like to know the model of the wireless access point, and firmware version of the same.