4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2016 4:46 AM by Zlatko1hr

Deleted embeded key

Zlatko1hr

Greeting,
      I have INTEL COMPUTE STICK, STCK1A32WFC, the problem I caused himself partly deliberately and partly not on purpose, because the upgrade to Windows 10, I deleted embedded product key in firmware UEFI. Can this possibly recover? I have the original box with all necessary codes.
      Thank you for your attention, Zlatko

• 1. Re: Deleted embeded key
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Zlatko1hr,

In regards to your OS product key issue, it is necessary to replace your unit with our support team. According to Microsoft policy, Intel is not allow to send original OS images through emails.

Contact us using the link below:
          http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html

Regards,
          Mike C

• 2. Re: Deleted embeded key
            Zlatko1hr

Dear Sir,
            Thanks for your advice, but the overall cost-back (I live in Croatia and the device was purchased in Sweden is likely to return the device should perform in the USA, but it does not matter) and then customs costs exceed the value of this, unfortunately, the reality really useless devices. How do I "in vain threw" money on this device, I'm afraid, so I threw the money on the license for Windows itself. I really see no economic justification to take action return device is more economical to simply throw it in the trash.

Sincerely Zlatko

• 3. Re: Deleted embeded key
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Zlatko1hr,

Intel has great warranty conditions for its products. I suggest you contact our support team and review the options available.

Mike C

• 4. Re: Deleted embeded key
                Zlatko1hr

Dear Mike C

The cost of shipping a new device and return my device (which is correct, and actually I do not use it because it is really useless) exceeded the value of the device, not just the realistic price than the purposefulness and usefulness, I really just want to know how to return the license key for Windows 8.1, which I duly paid as part of the device, and my activity during the BIOS upgrade the same has been deleted, and of course now would logically should re-purchase and license key for Windows X? That's why your advice on the return of the device due to the reasons mentioned above is not favorable for me and not an option.

I really do not need another, new, device, does not even need this, I need only "my" Windows that I bought ... well actually I think this discussion finished and did not know why I even asked a question I already knew the answer, so please let no one sends new device which will me delivery and customs tax cost more than the device itself. Thanks but no thanks.