9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2016 9:58 AM by Intel Corporation

I've been having an issue with my i7 6700k freezing/hard hanging during games.

Zedaso

Hello,

I purchased my computer under a year ago and not long after I got it had random hard hangs/freezes occur when playing games. When this occurs my computer is unresponsive and I have to turn off the PC by the power button, the caps lock light doesn't even toggle on and off. I have had this happen for months but sometimes it goes away for weeks or sometimes it happens every day. I have tried to get support from people online and tried various different things and nothing has worked.

I should mention that when these freezes/hard hangs occur and I have turned my PC back on my PC works fine as if nothing happened but no error message is produced anywhere, I am just left to guess what the cause is.

I have tried updating my computer and done things such as reverting to older versions of drivers along with benchmarking and tests and trying the latest versions and can't find a fix, nor can I get the issue to occur outside of a game. The issue never occurs when not playing games or even playing low intensity games.

I have been told that this issue is due to Skylake CPU's having a bug/glitch and being faulty, is there a way I can test this?

My temperatures are fine and never too hot. I have replaced my PSU so I don't believe that is the issue.

I had HWinfo64 open along with task manager and Nvidia Inspector on my second monitor the last time the crash occurred (an hour ago) and uploaded a screenshot here where you can see the temperatures and voltages: http://imgur.com/a/8FYMi - I have also included my full system specs below.

My system specs:

GPU: Nvidia 980 ti - Evga hybrid

CPU: Intel Skylake i7 6700k

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH D-15

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4

Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

PSU: Evga 750W Supernova G2

Monitor: Acer XB270hu 1440p 144hz G sync

Secondary Monitor: 21" 1080p 60 hz monitor.

I tried emailing Intel themselves but the service request form keeps producing an error so I cannot get through to them.