7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2016 5:13 PM by Intel Corporation

RAID0 status disabled

Jemco

I have been receiving the following error at startup "no boot device available" press f1 to retry f2 for bios. I believed this to be hard drive failure, and running diagnostics gave me error code 2000-0142. After buying and installing a new hard drive I am still getting the same error.

On on startup the raid cache status is disabled, with my original ssd this changes after the first reboot to active but remains bootable "no".

with the new hard drive installed status remains as disabled upon restart.

Would much appreciate any help with this, and any chance I could still access the data on my original drive would be great, thanks.

image.jpg

• 1. Re: RAID0 status disabled
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Jemco,

Let me give you some details about RAID 0 array. Raid 0 improves system performance but it is zero fault tolerance. If HDD fails it is not possible to recover the operating system and documents.

More details in the link below:
          http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2010/08/raid-levels-tutorial/

Now, according to the picture you have only 1 HDD and 1 SSD as Smart Response. Let me know how the RAID configuration was before. Did you have 2 HDDs plus SSD?

Regards,
          Mike C

• 2. Re: RAID0 status disabled
            Intel Corporation

Hi Jemco,

For further assistance, include motherboard model and operating system version.

Mike C

• 3. Re: RAID0 status disabled
              Jemco

Thanks for the reply Mike,

system is a Dell xps 8500, windows 8 and motherboard model is E93839 I believe.

Yes, the the orignal set up was one hhd and one ssd as pictured. eccept the raid status was active and bootable Yes.

Also also there was no blue screen before hand that I noticed anyway. I had been downloading overnight checked in the morning all was fine came back later in the day to find black screen and computer not responding, force closed holding the power button. Re booted to find the "no boot device detected" error.

Thanks again much much appreciate any help.

• 4. Re: RAID0 status disabled
                Intel Corporation

Hi Jemco,

Thank you for your feedback, now I have a better picture of your system. We can try to recover the data from the original HDD. I suggest you the following; plug the old HDD into your computer and unplug the SSD. Make sure the SATA mode is set to RAID in the BIOS. Turn the system on and try to enter on your operating system.

If it is not possible, I suggest you to install the operating system on your new HDD, boot to it and let see if the OS can see the data of your old drive.

Let me know your findings.

The SSD was working as Smart Response; it only contains incomplete files of the OS.

Mike C

• 5. Re: RAID0 status disabled
                  Jemco

So after not being able to locate the ssd and some research, found that it is a little chip in the msata slot directly on the motherboard If that changes things. removed and rebooted, still got the no boot device error. After replacing it though and rebooting the statues reads normal but still remains bootable no. image.jpg

• 6. Re: RAID0 status disabled
                    Jemco

Also when I turned on computer after reinstalling the SSD I got the first time boot blue screen, "choose keyboard layout" then "troubleshot" or "turn of PC" after choosing "refresh your PC" in troubleshoot, it seemed to crash though staying on a blank blue screen, so force closed the system.

I have have since recreated the first time boot, again by removing the SSD, turning on/off, reinstalling the SSD then turning on again. And currently trying to "refresh' again but leaving it longer to see if it does anything

• 7. Re: RAID0 status disabled
                      Intel Corporation

Hi Jemco,

According to the picture, HDD is empty or not part of a RAID array and shows SDD as part of a RAID array (working as cache).

We can try to recover the operating system. Change the SATA mode of your motherboard to AHCI, unplug your SSD and turn the system on. Let see if system boot to Windows.

Use the old HDD.

If the problem continues, the RAID array got lost. It would be necessary to create the RAID configuration from scratch again.

Mike C