Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Heatsink Fan doesn't Spin Properly

AAudi3
Beginner

Hi,

So I've just installed a new processor i5-6600 with ASRock H170 Fatal1ty Performance. Then, I plug the heatsink fan power into CPU_FAN_1. When I turn the power on, it doesn't spin properly like this: http://youtu.be/KvxxJmTLngk Faulty stock Intel i5-3570K CPU heatsink fan - Tiny spin every second or so - YouTube (credit to the owner of the video).

Then, I try to plug it into CPU_FAN_2 (header number 2), and it spin yet has delay 2 seconds after I turn the power off. (So after I turn the power on, there is 2 seconds delay before the fan starts to spin).

So, is my heatsink fan faulty? Or is it the motherboard?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, Auday:

Is there any chance you can test your motherboard with the minimum configuration? Try removing all the peripherals and just test one RAM stick.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, /thread/105431 Auday:

I am following up your thread.

Were you able to follow the suggestion mentioned above? Do you still require assistance?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
AAudi3
Beginner

Hi Amy, sorry for the delay.

So last week, I went to the store and I need the motherboard to be replaced. Yet, the same problem happened with brand new motherboard with same type.

I assume it's the heatsink fan compatibility with the motherboard. Too bad I didn't check it with other type of motherboard or heatsink.

So right now, I'm using a third party heatsink from CM and plug it to my cpu_header_2

0 Kudos
ssote
New Contributor II

How is it working now? to bad I did not see this thread before I have a new Intel heatsink fan I can sell you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

How it the third party heat sink working? Do you see any difference?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos