Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14531 Discussions

Intel i5 2500k machine check exception cpu 3 machine check exception 5 bank 2 bz000000000010019 no os loading including linux.

idata
Employee

As the title says. 2 days back i suddenly see this message with no details exception machine check exception. The above error is from any live os being loading.

I tried all the option for testing mem and cpu but os never loads for installation. HDD is fine and tried all the 4 modules and same error.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Nathan,

Could you please provide more information about your system configuration?

Motherboard brand model:

RAM brand and model:

Can you access the BIOS?

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have Asus z68 V 1155, gs800 corsair psu and gskill ram 4gb x4

It doesn't boot to Bootable windows disc

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi Nathan,

Can you still access the BIOS? Make sure that you are running latest version?

Was this integration working before? Did anything change?

Can you try a Windows bootable USB stick?

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes the posting is not a problem

but none of the OS loads even bootable disc throw Machine check exception. Including linux and all version of bootable disc windows 8 & 10.

only partiton magic bootable linux version loads not sure if runs on min configuration.

i cant figure out if motherboard or cpu or ram.

As its running cool but never loads windows or linux

i even tried disconnecting all the hdd set everthing back to stock . Even it runs intel diagnostics well and not sure why mce is suddenly throwing.

I am prepared to change the cpu but hard part is no more avaiability on 2nd or 3rd gen k series only used which is costing more than 50% of orginal cost with no warranty as such i am stiill unable to figure out which component went bad.

but i did opened the cpu and saw few of the gold contacts were shaded away not sure sign of burnt or wear and tear. As i never pulled of the board in last 4.5 years may be once just cooler to re-apply the thermal paste.

Here snap shows a sign of bottom 6 pin contact and top 6 ping contact shaded away . not more contact i can say. How i have no idea.

it was similar in both top and bottom. Some hardware failure happening because of it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Nathan,

Could you please test it using one RAM at the time?

Here you can get the information about the supported OS for the Intel® HD Graphics 3000 controller:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i tried still no luck it ends up in mce with no info or log to troubleshoot. even linux .

It was working fine from windows 7 , 8 , 8.1 and even 10 uptil anniversary update 1607.

Soon it went off with throwing error on the boot disc of windows 8 and 10.

I even tried ubutu 16 and 14 no luck same boot cpu context error.

Is thos discoloration on the cpu is bad for the cpu. Is that causing the hardware malfunction

Is that normal or abnormal.

I have no issue in posting and even ran the Intel bootable iPDT test with no errors and ran mem + 86 for 2-4 hrs not even single error

I have no idea if a ram could cause all these issue

But only a bootable partition masster linux loads but it only shows me less than 4gig ram out of 16 gig but its was designed to not support more than 4 gig.

It doesnt allow to install or update any software to see mce error log.

But i was sure the temp is normal and nothing is wrong except the mce and when looked into cpu bam there are close to 9 points the contact is shaded away not much of burnt mark or usage wear and tear.

help me to figure out.

As the similar error posted by few in here have only got it off by replacing the cpu.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Finally after recieving the new cooler i give it a try with 2 core whola it works and did the same with 3 cores again worked. But with 4 it same mce

So now the cpu 4th core is fried.

Also i have another issue that 2 of ram sticks not posting with sticked alone.

Also working 2 sticks also fails to post when pushed in dual channel.

Is the failed core has anything to do with dual channel setup.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Nathan,

According to the information you provide to me, we could notice that your processor is working properly.

Since passed the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and this processor is end of life, here are some recommendations:
  • Load default settings on the BIOS
  • Test your computer using one RAM at the time
  • Use a compatible OS according to your system configuration

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos