10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2016 6:12 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel NUC Kit NUC6i5SYK Remote

jp2code

I have the Mini PC Intel® NUC Kit NUC6I5SYK

In the list of features for this product, there is a "Consumer Infrared sensor on the front panel".

2016-08-15 05_38_10-Mini PC Intel® NUC Kit NUC6I5SYK.jpg

I have contacted Intel's Customer Support. Their reply was to install the drivers. I have the Windows 10 driver installed, but there does not appear to be anything to configure (no driver interface).

I have these remotes now:

Some of these remotes come with IR sensors, which I am not plugging in because the NUC already has an IR sensor built in. The NUC only has 4 USB ports, and the 2 ports in the back are in use by the Keyboard and USB drive. I really do not want an ugly USB IR sensor plugged in on the front. That was a big factor when going with this device as my new media PC.

The NUC, however, will not respond to any of these media center remotes.

How do I get a remote to control my media playing through this Intel NUC? Do I need a special model of remote? Does the IR sensor on the front panel need to be configured now that the driver is installed? If so, how do I do that?

Below is the response I received when writing to Intel, but I am unable to reply because the website will not let me log in:

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 3:08 PM

Subject: Intel Customer Support - Update to Service Request #: 01711867

To: jp2code

Hello,

An update was made to service request 01711867 on August 9, 2016:

Dear Joe, Thank you fo contact the Intel technical support. It's our pleasure to assist you. Regarding the infrared sensor of your Nuc, please download its driver, you can find it in the link below: For Windows 10: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25049/Infrared-ITE-Tech-Consumer-Infrared-CIR-Driver-for-Windows-10-for-Intel-NUC For Windows 8.1: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23408/Infrared-ITE-Tech-Consumer-Infrared-CIR-Driver-for-Windows-8-1-for-Intel-NUC For Windows 7: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23642/Infrared-ITE-Tech-Consumer-Infrared-CIR-Driver-for-Windows-7-for-Intel-NUC We can continue the support by email. If you have further questions please do not hesitate for contact us. Best regards, Intel technical support

Sign in at customercare.intel.com to view and update your request or to get additional information. You can also reply to this email with questions or comments.

Regards,
      Intel Support Team

When I try clicking the link to my case, I get a login prompt:

image.png

After I log in, I get an error screen that will not let me proceed, so I cannot respond to my Intel ticket:

image (1).png

Can someone please help me with these issues? Primarily, I want to find a way to get an IR Remote to work with the IR sensor on the NUC's front panel. Getting my login fixed would just be a bonus so that I can contact Intel with issues in the future.