6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2016 6:56 AM by Intel Corporation

Bad Graphics

Neelsk

Hi All

We recently bought 8 Intel NUC5CPYH computers with Windows 10 64bit to upgrade our existing digital signage network. The graphics on a Full HD Samsung Tv is really bad.

The digital signage software is currently running on old Proline small form factor pcs without any errors but on the Nuc with windows 10 all Jpegs with a white background shows up as black. Even browns get removed on one side of the pic but on the other side it is ok. Since the pc is not connected to the internet any upgrades are difficult. Tried the Intel suggested app the create Win7 boot usb with usb 3 drivers to down grade to win7. Failed on two different pcs. Tried the Intel Graphics driver update. No Joy. Error remains. Please see below. Any advice will be highly appreciated. Cannot use any of the NUCs.

• 1. Re: Bad Graphics
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hello, Neelsk:

Could you please provide me with the following information;

• Does the issue persist on the 8 units?
          • Run the Download Intel® System Support Utility in one of your units, once done attach the report.
          • What is the name of the digital signage software you are using?
          • What is the TV model?
          • What is connection that you are using? Are you using straight connections?
          • Please share with the the systems configuration of that old Proline small form factor pc, you can use the Intel ® System Support Utility.
          • How can I reproduce this? Please show me what you do in order to see this issue.

Regards,

Amy.

• 2. Re: Bad Graphics
            Neelsk

Hi Amy

Thanks for the response. You are the
            only one so far. It is appreciated.

1. Does the issue persist on the 8 units? YES
            2. Run the Download
                  Intel® System Support Utility
              in one of your units, once done attach
                  the report. Please see attached.
            3. What is the name of the digital signage software you are using? Xstream by XN Corporation South Africa. See link below.
            4. What is the TV model? Samsung UA55J5100AK
            5. What is connection that you are using? Are you using straight connections? Straight HDMI on the NUC
            6. Please share with the systems configuration of that old Proline small form
                  factor pc, you can use the Intel ® System Support Utility. Please see attached.
            7. How canI reproduce this? Please show me what you do in order to see this issue. Just add the Jpeg to the Xstream software.
            8. http://xncorp.co.za/ContactUs.html
            • 3. Re: Bad Graphics
              Intel Corporation

Sure, you're welcome.

I am going to download software and see if my unit behaves the same, could you please recommend a link to where to download the software? I can google it but I want to make sure to have the same version you have. In the meantime, I would like to know if the you have contacted XN Corporation Africa in regard to this matter, this is in case they have some reports or possible workarounds.

Regards,

Amy.

• 4. Re: Bad Graphics
                Neelsk

HI Amy

The software is not freely downloadable. I have contacted XN Corp but no joy. All they say is that it works on other Win versions and computers.

If it was not for regulatory issues I would have replaced them.

• 5. Re: Bad Graphics
                  Intel Corporation

Were you able to get information about the computers they mentioned? Is there any chance you can ask the models or the system configuration?

Regards,

Amy.

• 6. Re: Bad Graphics
                    Intel Corporation

Hello, Neelsk:

I really wanted to check on your thread; is there any chance you can get that information? 

Regards,

Amy.