3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2016 7:48 AM by Intel Corporation

Wi-Fi / SSH Setup Issue on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

bkhayes99

Issue:

I am attempting to run the setup of the Intel Edison on a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit machine. I am using the "intel_edison_setup_win_v2016.2.007" installer. I run into an issue where I cannot set the device name or connect to Wi-Fi.

Hardware:

- Intel® Edison compute module

- Arduino* expansion board

Details:

When on the "Options" section of the installer I am able to install the USB drivers and firmware for the Edison. When setting up SSH I get an error when going to change the device name, "Can't change the device name". I have attached screenshots for reference. It also cannot find any Wi-Fi networks and I am easily within range of many.

setup-options.png

Issue setting up SSH and Wi-Fi via Intel Edison Installer (intel_edison_setup_win_v2016.2.007)

set-name.png

Error message displayed "Can't change the device name." when attempting to set the device name and password.

What I've tried:

- Going through the setup steps here: IoT - Get Started with the Intel® Edison Development Board on Windows* 64-bit | Intel® Software

- Re-setting device and attempting additional install using re-downloaded setup files

- Removing USB drivers and re-installing

- Re-flashing the firmware

- Re-seating Edison chip

- Making sure to use both external power and USB (along with all combinations of this)

- Reset PC and attempted to re-install

Any help is much appreciated! I am hoping that it is something extremely simple that I just missed.