Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Xeon D BIOS hang when BIOS setting rst_cpl3

vvinc3
Beginner

Now we debug Xeon D BIOS, the BIOS will hang when BIOS setting rst_cpl3(Register BIOS_RESET_CPL). If jump the bit set, BIOS will start-up, but my OS can't start-up. Can you give me any suggestion to debug the problem? Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Vicent_0905,

Could you please provide the following?

Processor model:

Motherboard model:

BIOS version:

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
vvinc3
Beginner

Processor model: D-1527

Motherboard model: Reference CRB CamebackMnt

BIOS version: BIOS come from my BIOS vendor Insyde. used RC code version is 1.9.5

we try to update RC code to 2.2.0 and Codebase to 05.05.15.0025, but the problem still exist.

The board is designed by ourselves, and D-1527 is used on the board. We manufacture 5pcs boards, two pcs boards can't start-up from BIOS, and two pcs boards can start-up from BIOS, but after few minutes, the console port hang, and can't input or output any information from CPU.

If disable the following feature(EIST, UFS, Turbo mode), the capable boot-up board will hang after starting up for few hours, maybe have some improvement.

I have tested the voltage, ripple and noise of some powers, and don't find any abnormal.

0 Kudos
vvinc3
Beginner

Processor model: D-1527

Motherboard model: Reference CRB CamebackMnt

BIOS version: BIOS come from my BIOS vendor Insyde. used RC code version is 1.9.5

we try to update RC code to 2.2.0 and Codebase to 05.05.15.0025, but the problem still exist.

The board is designed by ourselves, and D-1527 is used on the board. We manufacture 5pcs boards, two pcs boards can't start-up from BIOS, and two pcs boards can start-up from BIOS, but after few minutes, the console port hang, and can't input or output any information from CPU.

If disable the following feature(EIST, UFS, Turbo mode), the capable boot-up board will hang after starting up for few hours, maybe have some improvement.

I have tested the voltage, ripple and noise of some powers, and don't find any abnormal.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Vincent_0905,

I noticed that you are designing a board compatible with our Intel® Xeon® Processor D-1527, since on this community we support final products, I recommend you to contact us through the Intel® Community Design Center for this matter.

https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/forms/design-assistance.html https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/forms/design-assistance.html

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
vvinc3
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Vincent_0905,

Hope this helps

Best Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
lkwmore
Beginner

Dear vvinc_3

I am bios engineer.

I 'm having the same problem as you. The problem is exactly the same.

I made the 6 pcs sample board of alderlake. (bios is ami bios, process is i7-12700K)

3 pcs is booting well, but 3 pcs is stopped at BIOS_RESET_CPL.

I change the CPU, PCH and so on,,but the result is same.

Could you give me the hint for solution?

my e-mail is kwlee@gsi7.com

I look forward to your reply.

many thanks

klee.

0 Kudos