Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

intel 5500graphics driver is not compatible with game: CnC tiberium wars.

MMaxi2
Beginner

new laptop asus x555lab core i5-5200U windows 10 cannot play CnC tiberium wars or its expansion kanes wrath, the game crashes while starting up with the message "exception in exception handler". after looking online the cause seems to be that its not compatible with the 5500 graphics driver and the best solution is to update the drivers, I have done this and am currently sitting on Beta_15.40.26.64.4474 the latest version available from intel however the problem still persists (the driver information even says it fixes crashes and problems with some games). i have even downloaded and run multiple slightly older graphics drivers .4463 .4425 and even .4256 but no luck.

my laptop can run games much older than CnC and ones brand new, ive tried running the game in all windows compatability modes and even using different startup options. I'm certain it must be a problem with the graphics driver but i don't know what to try next, many people have encountered this problem with no solution. any help or suggestions would be appreciated as i have run out of options.

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RonaldM_Intel

Hello Maxim.sos,

I am sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. I would like to let you know that this was reported to us already on this thread:

This was recently escalated, and we were able to replicate the issue with Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600. Now thanks to you, we are adding also the Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 to the report. Please give us time to further debug this situation, and hopefully have a driver fix. We will post any update on this issue on the thread I mentioned previously.

I would like to report also that during our testing phase, we could see the game runs fine on Windows* 10 Profesisonal 64-bit and Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 540 (6th generation graphics).

Kindest Regards,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello maxim.sos:

I hope the information posted previously was helpful for you.

I just wanted to confirm that the case in under investigation, and as soon as we find a possible resolution to fix this problem, we will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto
0 Kudos
MMaxi2
Beginner

its good to know this issue is being worked on, I didn't expect this attention on such a seemingly random and odd problem (especially for an unpopular and old game). I will be keeping an eye on for any news on this thread and the one mentioned above.

just curious how long these types of issues take to get fixed?

thanks again

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello maxim.sos:

Thank you very much for your comments, we are here to help you and we will try to find a possible solution for this issue.

In regard to your inquiry, it is very hard for us to tell exactly how long it takes for the issue to get fixed, or if it is going to get fixed for sure, because there is a lot of testing that needs to be done, so at this point we basically need to wait for updates and results from those tests.

Any questions, please let me know

Alberto
0 Kudos
JHeim
Beginner

Hi,

Not sure if needed as you already have replicated the problem, but I'll upload it anyway.

Same problem on Intel HD5500. It's highly appreciated that you work on this - not too many people have found this forum, but there are a loooot of discussion threads going on out there regarding this specific issue.

Cheers

Johnny

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Heimerwall:

Thank you very much for that information, we appreciate the fact that you took the time to let us know that information.

I just wanted to let you know that we are still working on this matter in order to try to find a possible fix for this issue.

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello maxim.sos:

I just wanted to let you know that we are still working on this matter in order to try to find a possible fix for this issue.

In the meantime please try the drivers below, they are the latest ones for Intel® HD Graphics 5500 controller:

Beta driver 4539:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26347/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=86210 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26347/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=86210

Driver 4501:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26228/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=86210 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26228/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=86210

Please let me know the results of trying those drivers.

To Heimerwall:

Please try the drivers above as well in order to try to fix this problem and let us know the results.

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello maxim.sos:

I just wanted to check if you were able to install the drivers provided on the previous post and if the issue still persists or if it was resolved?

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos