Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4785 Discussions

Cannot enter Embedded RAID CU.

idata
Employee

Hello experts.

I found the following problem when I tried to exchange an HDD on the Embedded Server Raid:

I'cannot access the CU pressing "Ctrl-E to run LSI Logic Embedded SATA RAID Setup Utility". As soon as I remove or exchange the HDD, which is a single disk running as RAID 0 on port 0, the server only boots to count/show all the drives, where it gets stuck with the message that the configuration changed...check cables...etc...

Press any key to continue... and on the bottom of the screen: Press + to run...

Neither "any key", nor "Ctrl-E" works. I tried 3 different keyboards PS2 and USB.

If I put the original HDD back in, the server boots, but doesn't let me enter the CU either. Pressing Ctrl-E has no effect at all. Ctrl-A works to enter the SCSI CU, though.

The company that sold us the server in April 2007 seems to be out of bussiness, since I can't reach them by phone, and their homepage is gone as well. I hope somebody here can advise me what to do.

TIA

Bernie

p.s. please excuse my English, it's not my native language.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Which server board are you using?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

If you use a different drive, will it let you into Ctrl-E? What if you use no HD at all?

If you haven't already, I recommend updating to latest BIOS/BMC/FRU, and disabling Quiet Boot in the BIOS

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I used No HD,diffrent HD, and old HD.

I also tried to take the old HD offline in the Web Console before removing it.

The only difference is, that with the old HD the server at least boots in to OS. Thanks god!

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

What about the updates, and disabling Quiet Boot?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I cannot do any updates before the weekend.

0 Kudos