Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20690 Discussions

probook 6560b hd 3000 driver issues windows 7

jjean8
Beginner

Hello.

I have a HP Probook 6560b with a HD3000.

I had to reinstall from scratch windows seven (pro 64) and after the complete installation I've had to install the graphic card driver.

Whatever version I install, when I boot, the display is completely messed up (mixing colors, bilking boxes etc...) + freeze of the computer.

on hard reboot, the only way to get back to something working is to roll back to VGA generic driver in safe mode.

I've tested with an external monitor (DVI port) and got a dual display as perfect as one can hope to have. BUT

- if I hot unplug the external monitor, the internal display of the laptop goes back to its weird behaviour (and then roll back to previous state)

- if I reboot, with the external monitor connected it works (it has worked one time )

- If i plug the external monitor after boot (testing if the second monitor detection will solve it) does not change anything.

I must also mention that this machine has the UEFI part of its bios disable.

The system is on dualboot with KXstuio (a derivate of unbuntu), and Linux does not suffer any of the above issues.

any idea ?

Best regards

JM

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi jmj,

I recommend you to install the latest BIOS and drivers starting with the chipset driver from Hewlett Packard website.

Use the link below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Regards,Mike C

0 Kudos
jjean8
Beginner

HI Mike

thanks for the reply.

so did I this morning but without success.

still the same display issue.

I've booted in safe mode, uninstall the intel graphic driver, reinstall the chipset and checked the alst bios version (all is ok). then reinstalled the latest version of the intel graphis driver (downloaded freshly) and after reboot, back to the previous state.

any other recommendation ?

best

JM

0 Kudos
jjean8
Beginner

HI Mike

finlay it was the RAM.

I've changed it with another one from my stock and it works.

so RAM could be an issue there.

thanks for your help.

Best regards

JM

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi jmj,

I am glad you were able to fix the issue. Thank you for your feedback.

Mike C

0 Kudos