Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

since support is not working

MProt1
Beginner

Hi, well i have problems with my intel processor i7 4790k, i am getting high temperatures and thermal throttling on stock settings in bios. I have an asrock z97 fatality killer x motherboard and in default settings without multicore enabled on all cores and turbo booost on it sky rockets to 100 celsius in 30 sec. In bios with multicore enabled,turbo boost on also 100 celsius.Even with turbo boost of with multicore enabled on all cores i get those high temps. So i would like eather to return processor for a fix,or to get replacment from you. And to be honest i bought two aftermarket coolers to try to cool this processor,cooler master 612 ver 2 and hyper evo 212,all of those temperatures are measured with those coolers.Voltages are untouched,processor isnt overclocked,programs that ive using were intel extreme utility,aida 64 professional,real temp.Really i dont know what else to do than to ask you to return you processor for a fix or for a replacement.Best regards from Sarajevo Bosnia and Herzegovina Mario.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Have you reviewed this:

Also, I assume you have been using a thermal paste. Your photo seems to show an awfully clean processor.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000005576.html How to Apply Thermal Interface Material (TIM)

For warranty support, http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/services/000006268.html Warranty Services FAQ

Doc

0 Kudos
MProt1
Beginner

Hi,yes i rewieved all of that,and yes i use thermal paste like 6 of them that i have mx-4 is the last one. I had reapplyed it today also because i had to search for numbers of a processor. Was trying to send all of above to service to see where i need to send my processor for a repair or for intel to replace it. Since online support service isnt working ive post it here to get help if i can. Dont know what else can i do. So any info where can i send it or when will online support will work,or anything? Sorry for bad english,not my native language

0 Kudos
MProt1
Beginner

Anyone?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Patience - this is the weekend, and this is a community support forum. You will likely get no response until Monday morning (or later) US Eastern Time.

Doc

0 Kudos
MProt1
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello:

Thank you very much to Al Hill for providing all those details.

To mario_bbb:

The processor has 3 years of warranty, if you are interested in the replacement, in order to do that, please get in contact directly with us through chat, email, or online support, you just need to select processors on product type and you will get those options, the support is worldwide, they will be able to let you know how to replace the processor in Bosnia and Herzegovina:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html# @12 http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html# @12

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

0 Kudos
MProt1
Beginner

Hi,thank you for reply,i was trying to get online service request and live chat but none of them work so i had posted my problem here. Can you somehow help with email or anything that i can get in contact with you.

0 Kudos
MProt1
Beginner

0 Kudos
MProt1
Beginner

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mario_bbb:

I just sent you a private message please verify the information on it.

Alberto

0 Kudos
MProt1
Beginner

Still no contact from Intel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mario_bbb:

Let me apologize once again for any inconvenience.

We just escalate the case again, so they should contact you within the next 24 hours.

Not sure why they did not got contact with you before, maybe it was a problem with the system.

However, they should do it this time in order to replace the processor for you.

I sent you a private message.

Alberto
0 Kudos
MProt1
Beginner

Hi all,well ty all for helping me, I have got new replacement processor, and great news, no more overheating. Thank you all for helping me,cheers and best of luck.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mario_bbb:

Excellent, awesome, it is great to hear that the processor is working properly now, and there is no overheating problem with the PC anymore.

Thank you very much for letting us know that information.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos