8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2016 9:48 AM by Intel_Alvarado

Cant even build a smaple program for D2000, on Intel Eclispe IDE on windows 10

marcuso

Hi,

I trying to just get the hello world example built using the Intel system studio for microcontrollers IDE on windows 10 (I suspect its a permissions problem), so I gave full permissions to all users for the eclipse workgroup folder, this is the problem, I ve tried it from the command line (setting all the necessary), but I get a segmentatin fault

This is the eclispe output

02:15:37 **** Incremental Build of configuration build_debug for project dave ****

make

APP_NAME = dave

SOC = quark_d2000

APP_DIR = .

BUILD = debug

make -C ./bsp/drivers SOC=quark_d2000

BUILD = debug

make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Users/Owner/QuarkWorkSpace/dave/bsp/drivers'

i586-intel-elfiamcu-gcc -O0 -g -DDEBUG -std=c90 -Wall -Wextra -Werror -Wno-unused-parameter -fmessage-length=0 -I../include -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -I../drivers -I../drivers/include -march=lakemont -mtune=lakemont -miamcu -msoft-float -DSPI_IRQ_MST -I../soc/quark_d2000/include -c -o ../drivers/debug/quark_d2000/obj/qm_adc.o ../drivers/qm_adc.c

Assembler messages:

Fatal error: can't create ../drivers/debug/quark_d2000/obj/qm_adc.o: No such file or directory

make[1]: *** [../drivers/debug/quark_d2000/obj/qm_adc.o] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Users/Owner/QuarkWorkSpace/dave/bsp/drivers'

make: *** [libqmsi] Error 2

02:15:38 Build Finished (took 651ms)

And this is the migw shell output

export IAMCU_TOOLCHAIN_DIR=/c/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.0.027/tools/compiler/bin

export IPP_LIBRARY_PATH=/c/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.0.027/firmware/lib/ipp/1.0.0/lib

export SOC=quark_d2000

cd /c/Users/Owner/QuarkWorkSpace/dave/

ls

make

$ make

APP_NAME = dave

SOC = quark_d2000

APP_DIR = .

BUILD = debug

make -C ./bsp/drivers SOC=quark_d2000

0 [main] make 9220 handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

515 [main] make 9220 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to make.exe.stackdump

Segmentation fault

• 1. Re: Cant even build a smaple program for D2000, on Intel Eclispe IDE on windows 10
          Intel_Alvarado

Hi,

Can you list all the steps you did to build the code and upload it to your board? Did you change anything from the example code? Once you open the IDE and have the sample code ready you just need to run the build_debug option and then Run as to upload the code.

You also have an error with qm_adc.o , did you make any changes so that this file was altered or not in the correct path?

We’ll be waiting for your response

-Sergio

• 2. Re: Cant even build a smaple program for D2000, on Intel Eclispe IDE on windows 10
            marcuso

I've been a software engineer for 25, I have a PhD in AI. If I had changed the file that didn't compile then I would certainly have figured out that, that might be the reason it doesnt build.

NO - I didn't change anything. Read my answer - the permissions in Windows 10 is stopping the build producing the necessary folders - make is failing to use mkdir.

Then secondly - the make files do not work - you are missing a -I option (this will include another path that is needed).

Try this yourself (without editing any code)

Can you let me know when you are planning on fixing this ? I've also just put another fix on your forums for getting the Genuino 101 working - this also doesnt work out of the box if you use windows 10 with McAfee virus checker - the Arduinio IDE fails to upload to the board. You guys really need to spend some money on QA

• 3. Re: Cant even build a smaple program for D2000, on Intel Eclispe IDE on windows 10
              Intel_Alvarado

Thank for the information. We'll review this case and forward your feedback to the proper team. We'll post here any updates we receive about this.

Additionally, I've also checked your post in the Galileo forum about the Genuino 101 board. Even though this board is based on the Intel Curie module, the board is an Arduino product and it's supported by them, along with the Arduino IDE. If I'm not mistaken, you have to use the latest version of the Arduino IDE which includes the Arduino/Genuino 101 board.  Anyhow, I recommend you to post your concerns and feedback regarding the Arduino/Genuino 101 and the Arduino IDE directly in the Arduino forums. The following is the Arduino 101 forum https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?board=103.0

We'll keep you updated on our progress

-Sergio

• 4. Re: Cant even build a smaple program for D2000, on Intel Eclispe IDE on windows 10
                Intel_Alvarado

Hi marcuso,

There’s a new ISSM available that’s been tested to work under Windows 10. Can you uninstall the ISSM you have installed and install this new version to see if the issue has been fixed? You can download the new version here http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/products/quark/mcu/d2000/software-and-drivers.html

We’ll be waiting for your results.

-Sergio

• 5. Re: Cant even build a smaple program for D2000, on Intel Eclispe IDE on windows 10
                  marcuso

Hi,

I already did this yesterday, and would like to provide some feedback.

Firstly the install, I got asked quite a few times about whether I trust Intel, and I don't really trust you so I declined the drivers being installed. This created all kinds of problems later. Only joking. Although I'm not sure when I say I trust Intel for the drivers it kept asking me repeatedly (stage 12 of the install). Also it would be nice to have the version I am installing on the install screen. After the install...

I'd like to say say well done ! The front page in Eclipse is a big improvement, really good, it's easy to start a project up, setup the ROM on the device, and get to all the other links you need it help/resources etc.

I also like the way you can use ISS with the Arduino 101 (which I also have - actually if you're feeling generous I'd love a Intel® Joule Module to complete my collection, I'll be reviewing them on my robotics web site soon ! www.roboticsfordreamers.com).

The 64 bit Java checking is now fixed, I don't have to modify the batch file to get it to run the ISS. So you can close that bug.

I took the Hello World example first, and when I built it I still get the following build errors :

13:05:10 **** Build of configuration Debug for project Ex1 ****

make

APP_NAME = Ex1

SOC = quark_d2000

TARGET = x86

APP_DIR = .

BUILD = debug

CSTD = c99

VERSION = '1.1.0'

make -C ./bsp/drivers SOC=quark_d2000 TARGET=x86 BUILD=debug V=0 CSTD=c99

BUILD = debug

CSTD = c99

VERSION = '1.1.0'

make[1]: Entering directory `C:/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.1.067/workspace/Ex1/bsp/drivers'

CC ../drivers/debug/quark_d2000/x86/obj/clk.o

Assembler messages:

Fatal error: can't create ../drivers/debug/quark_d2000/x86/obj/clk.o: No such file or directory

make[1]: *** [../drivers/debug/quark_d2000/x86/obj/clk.o] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.1.067/workspace/Ex1/bsp/drivers'

So I closed the IDE and re-ran it, when I run the startup batch file as admin, eclipse starts up, I load the project as before and try to build with Maxwell's silver hammer icon, the same errors happen.

I then run this script from the C:\IntelSWTools\ISSM_2016.1.067\workspace\Ex1 folder  (BTW I see you have added x86 - platform specific output folders to the build paths), and the compilation phase works,

mkdir bsp\build\release\quark_d2000\libqmsi\lib

mkdir bsp\drivers\release\quark_d2000\x86\obj

mkdir bsp\sys\release\quark_d2000\x86\obj

mkdir release\quark_d2000\x86\obj

mkdir release\quark_d2000\bin

mkdir bsp\build\debug\quark_d2000\libqmsi\lib

mkdir bsp\drivers\debug\quark_d2000\x86\obj

mkdir bsp\sys\debug\quark_d2000\x86\obj

mkdir debug\quark_d2000\x86\obj

mkdir debug\quark_d2000\bin

mkdir bsp\soc\quark_d2000\debug\quark_d2000\x86\obj

mkdir bsp\soc\quark_d2000\release\quark_d2000\x86\obj

So everything works in terms of building the translation units (the object files .obj). But the link phase fails

13:21:00 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project Ex1 ****

make

APP_NAME = Ex1

SOC = quark_d2000

TARGET = x86

APP_DIR = .

BUILD = debug

CSTD = c99

VERSION = '1.1.0'

BUILD = debug

CSTD = c99

VERSION = '1.1.0'

make[1]: Entering directory `C:/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.1.067/workspace/Ex1/bsp/drivers'

CC ../soc/quark_d2000/debug/quark_d2000/x86/obj/power_states.o

CC ../soc/quark_d2000/debug/quark_d2000/x86/obj/rar.o

AR ../build/debug/quark_d2000/x86/libqmsi/lib/libqmsi_quark_d2000_1.1.0d.a

c:\IntelSWTools\ISSM_2016.1.067\tools\compiler\gcc-ia\5.2.1\bin\i586-intel-elfiamcu-ar.exe: ../build/debug/quark_d2000/x86/libqmsi/lib/libqmsi_quark_d2000_1.1.0d.a: No such file or directory

make[1]: *** [../build/debug/quark_d2000/x86/libqmsi/lib/libqmsi_quark_d2000_1.1.0d.a] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.1.067/workspace/Ex1/bsp/drivers'

13:21:19 Build Finished (took 19s.262ms)

So I added these two lines to my batch file

mkdir bsp\build\debug\quark_d2000\x86\libqmsi\lib

mkdir bsp\build\release\quark_d2000\x86\libqmsi\lib

And now I get this error

13:24:00 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project Ex1 ****

make

APP_NAME = Ex1

SOC = quark_d2000

TARGET = x86

APP_DIR = .

BUILD = debug

CSTD = c99

VERSION = '1.1.0'

BUILD = debug

CSTD = c99

VERSION = '1.1.0'

AR ../build/debug/quark_d2000/x86/libqmsi/lib/libqmsi_quark_d2000_1.1.0d.a

CC debug/quark_d2000/x86/obj/main.o

/usr/bin/sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

/usr/bin/sh: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file

make: *** [debug/quark_d2000/x86/obj/"."/app_entry.o] Error 258

13:24:30 Build Finished (took 29s.700ms)

Now I realise I have a bad path, I have this in my path C:\msys\1.0\bin;C

C:\src\3rd\opencv\opencv\build\x64\vc14\bin;e:\scripts;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\msys\1.0\bin;C:\Perl64\site\bin;C:\Perl64\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\SCE\ORBIS SDKs\2.000\host_tools\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\SCE\Common\SceVSI-VS12\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\SCE\ORBIS\Tools\Publishing Tools\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\SCE\ORBIS\Tools\Target Manager Server\bin;C:\windows\system32;C:\windows;C:\windows\System32\Wbem;C:\windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin;C:\Program Files\Perforce;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\TypeScript\1.0\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET Web Pages\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Users\mobrien\Desktop\HTK-3.4.1\htk\bin.win32;C:\Perl64\bin;C:\Program Files\nodejs\;C:\Users\mobrien\.dnx\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft DNX\Dnvm\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Quamotion\iMobileDevice;C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin;C:\Program Files\Collaborator Client;C:\Users\mobrien\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Program Files\Perforce\DVCS\;C:\Qt\5.6\msvc2015_64\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Mitov\Visuino;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd

So I remove this msys from my path - environment variables - as the tool chain is picking up a make.exe from here msys 1.0, restart eclipse

And again same problem so I remove C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin; from the path and restart again, it would be nice for you to verify the path of the tool chin tools, or override the system path. So I do this and same problem...mmm

So check the make files, and lo and behold app.mk has lines with single quotes !

$(error Supported SOC values are 'quark_se' and 'quark_d2000')

So I change them all to double quotes...Then I tried release mode, I couldnt find where app_entry was so I changed main.c. Still no luck....

So I then edited the Makefile by removing the last blank line (the Makefile is inside the main folder - same folder as main.c and app.mk), still no luck. So then I removed the " quotes from all the mk files

Then I gave up, for some reason it builds main.o inside

C:\IntelSWTools\ISSM_2016.1.067\workspace\Ex1\release\quark_d2000\x86\obj

But it doesnt buld app_entry.o

Marcus

• 6. Re: Cant even build a smaple program for D2000, on Intel Eclispe IDE on windows 10
                    Intel_Alvarado

Hi,

Thank you for providing the feedback. We’ll pass your feedback to the appropriate team. We also noticed you created a new thread with this new issue you encountered. We’ll post a suggestion for you soon.

-Sergio

• 7. Re: Cant even build a smaple program for D2000, on Intel Eclispe IDE on windows 10
                      Harry07

I have the same problem, working with Windows 10 and Update 1 of the INTEL IDE.

error.png

First, I had another error of the same kind which I could solve by making manually the directories needed. But then I get to this point where I can't solve it.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

• 8. Re: Cant even build a smaple program for D2000, on Intel Eclispe IDE on windows 10
                        Intel_Alvarado

Hi Harry07,

There’s a suggestion for this issue in this thread: https://communities.intel.com/message/415511#415511 . Let us know if the workaround provided helps you resolve this problem.

-Sergio