Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

Windows 10 Intel Chipset

jkilt
Beginner

well there ever be a intel chipset family driver for windows 10. I can't play any games e.g minecraft science i upgraded to 10, i ran a scan and it told me my grafecs is out of date, but non for windowsw 10.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello mormenl:

Thank you very much for providing the picture, it is very helpful for us.

Based on it, I can see that the system is using Mobile Intel® 4 series express chipset, and the thing is that actually that chipset model is not compatible with Windows® 10, so, some problems are expected.

In regard to your inquiry, yes, there are chipsets that are compatible with Windows® 10, like the 100 chipset series that you will find for example in the Intel® NUC6i7KYK NUC.

Some of the 100 series chipsets are:

Intel® Z170 Chipset

Intel® Q170 Chipset

Intel® Q150 Chipset

Any questions please let me know.

Alberto

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello mormenl:

Thank you very much for providing the picture, it is very helpful for us.

Based on it, I can see that the system is using Mobile Intel® 4 series express chipset, and the thing is that actually that chipset model is not compatible with Windows® 10, so, some problems are expected.

In regard to your inquiry, yes, there are chipsets that are compatible with Windows® 10, like the 100 chipset series that you will find for example in the Intel® NUC6i7KYK NUC.

Some of the 100 series chipsets are:

Intel® Z170 Chipset

Intel® Q170 Chipset

Intel® Q150 Chipset

Any questions please let me know.

Alberto

0 Kudos
PWats2
Novice

I have managed to get Windows 10 (And Minecraft) working on a 4 series chipset, it requires some driver inf editing to get the driver to install. But to be honest, that chipset is soo old that you might as well go spend out for a new device.

0 Kudos
jkilt
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mormenl:

I just wanted to check if you saw the information we are requesting on the previous post?

It is very important for us to further assist you.

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto
0 Kudos
jkilt
Beginner

I have a laptop. Can i install a new driver or should i bring my laptop to some ware to replace it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mormenl:

In regard to your inquiry, that will depend on the model of the laptop and the processor it has.

What is the model of it?

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

0 Kudos