Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20690 Discussions

Intel i7 6700K - Intel HD 530 black screen and flicker on overclock

IGh
Beginner

Hi,

I have ASUS Maximus VIII Hero and Intel i7 6700K CPU with G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz 2x8GB RAM and use onboard Intel HD 530 Graphics with windows 10 pro x64.

I use ASUS AI Suite 3 and 5-way Optimization to overclocking and every time I reach over 4300MHz frequency my screen randomly turning black and flikering.

I updated Intel HD 530 Graphics driver to v15.40.25.4463 and BIOS to 1902 but the issue was not solved.

After changing so many config in windows and also BIOS I found the solution

After overclocking just change the "Ai Overclock Tuner" setting from "Manual" to "XMP" and hooray the problem is solved.

Best regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, ImanDesign:

Thank you for sharing your comments, I am sure that your input will help a lot of users in the community.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
N_2
Beginner

This solved the problem for me too, when I temporally did not have a dedicated GPU. I had to use the i7's HD 530 and also had flickering and artifacts when my ram was running at full speed of 3000Mhz. By switching to "XMP" in the memory setting of the BIOS, my ram speed did drop to 2133Mhz, but the flickering and artifacts instantly went away. Definitely should try this quick solution first for anyone else experiencing this problem, or if driver updates don't work.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

NightCloud, that is really good to hear, thank you for sharing your outcome with the community.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos